Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-07-2020, 19:29   #1

Boat: Catalina 34
B&G Triton 2 Questions

New to boating and electronics as of last year, so looking for some help with questions about the new B&G Triton 2 package I bought this year to replace some very old equipment. The B&G package included:

2 x Triton 2 displays
1 x WS310 Wind sensor
1 x ZG100 GPS antenna
1 x DST800 D/S/T Plastic thru hull transducer w/ 2 meter cable (Depth / Speed / Temperature)
-NMEA 2K backbone kit & connectors

I had it professionally installed and it's working great so far, however it seems like I'm missing some features - see questions below.

Things to note: I currently do not have a chart plotter or auto-pilot connected to the NMEA 2K system.

1) The Temperature is not showing on the Triton 2 displays. Why?

2) Configuring the Triton 2 displays - I'm able to see the standard 8 'Pre-defined pages' and I figured out how to deactivate the pages I don't want to see. But how do get to the OTHER 8 'Pre-defined pages' (like AIS & Weather)? There should be a total of 16 pages I can choose from. Currently I only have 5 Active pages.

3) AIS (w/ MMSI configured) - do I need to have my VHF Radio connected to the same NMEA 2K network for AIS to work? ...or should it still work with my GPS (connected to NMEA 2K network)? I would like to be able to the see the MMSI registered vessels on my Triton 2 displays, versus the small VHF display.

4) I read about installing new software releases via USB. I haven't performed any upgrade yet - do you think that may resolve some of these issues?

I sent an email to B&G support a couple weeks ago, but no response. Is it better to call?

Thanks in advance for your help.
sbrekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2020, 02:34   #2

Boat: Farr Phase 4, 12.8m
Re: B&G Triton 2 Questions

1/ you have to select “sources” for all data. Look in settings, network, sources. You can do “auto select”
2/ some pages need to be activated, some are not available if there is no data of that type available
3/ without the radio AIS connected to the same N2k bus, there is no receiver. So yes. And source selection
4/ updates are almost always a good idea, but much easier if you have a MFD.

Navico (B&G) support is usually very good. Call them.
Old 15-07-2020, 11:12   #3

Boat: Catalina 34
Re: B&G Triton 2 Questions

Thanks for the quick reply Neptune's Gear. I'll perform the update, look at the 'sources' option and see if I can connect VHF to N2K this weekend.

Thanks again!!
sbrekke is offline   Reply With Quote