Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Our Community
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-09-2011, 23:21   #1

Who Is this Guy ? My Name Is Domenic

My name is Domenic. I am the author of the PM in question In the closed thread, "What is this guys deal?." I will not say the name of the person I sent the PM to, nor will I post the two PM’s she sent me.
I have a sailboat. I do deep water cruise. I do not make it a run away dream. Do I fear the sea…yes, what fool would not? I am 75. I have more years at sea than most of you have years of life. The women in question asked “What should I know?” I was telling her, not selling her a pipe dream. She asked me, “Why I was so interested in her future?” Guys hit on women on forums. I am not one of those, so I backed off. I don’t need it.
If anyone thinks people don’t get murdered at sea, here are just a few. If you want, I can finds hundreds more.
Many of the ports I have been to in the past, are not as safe as they were. Things are getting bad everywhere. One problem boaters have…the bad guys have guns…we can’t.
The boy friend(sic) of the women in the PM sounds like he is afraid she might not go with him because of my PM…After reading his comments, that might not be a bad idea on her part. Do 10,000 sea miles solo, then come back, and tell me if you have respect for deep water.
And no, I will not respond to your comments on this thread. It would be a waste of time. If you don't want to hear the truth, don't ask.
Below is the full PM in question:

Originally Posted by Domenic

You don't write? I read you wrong? Did I? I love your picture of the sea gull on the beach.
I do write. I write truth in fiction form.
Tell me, why do you want to get a sailboat, and sail away to, Never Never land?
The pictures of Islands look good. Most people want to sail off to one, and live the free life.
I spent six month in the south pacific. You can’t swim in the beautiful lagoons…more sharks than flies on a dung pile. It’s hot every day. On most of the Islands the people are poor, very poor. There is little to eat. People age fast. By the age of 25, they look 45.
The few Islands that are great are expensive, and they will take boater for all they can.
Boaters go to Mexico in groups for safety. Many who have sailed alone have been murdered at sea…their boats stripped of all gear that can be sold. A husband and wife off the coast of Florida were boarded. The men chained the two together with anchor chain, and threw them overboard alive.
There are not many countries Americans can’t sail to…they don’t like us.
Don’t believe all the stories you read on the forum. Most of the members have never went green water. Those who have don’t do it full time. It’s hard on the body, and takes a boat apart fast. If you have a boat in a marina, it cost money just to keep it up…even if you don’t use it. There is a saying you may not have heard yet, “A boat is a hole in the water you throw money into.”
Learn to sail. Learn to navigate. Learn to maintain your boat. Sail off to Never Never land…but don’t make it a full time life style. It will end badly.
You should get a subscription to Latitude 38. www.latitude38.com
Deep water, and local sailors around the world read this. You can learn much from it...the good and the bad. There is freedom in having your own sailboat. Like all freedoms, it comes with a price. Don't sail off into the unknown not knowing what the price will be. You set the price, and don't go over it. The world does not need to lose someone who takes such great pictures.

Defendant Reveals Grisly Details in 'Joe Cool' Boat Murder Case Defendant Reveals Grisly Details in 'Joe Cool' Boat Murder Case, A man accused ... Rescued Boater About Missing Crew; U.S. Coast Guard Seeks Four Missing Boaters ...www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,426124,00.html - CachedMore results from foxnews.com »
War News Updates: Somali Pirates Murder Four Kidnapped ... More News On 4 American Boaters Murdered By Somali Pirates. Pirates Kill U.S. Hostages, So U.S. Forces Kill Pirates-- The Danger ...warnewsupdates.blogspot.com/...murder-four-kidnapped.html - Cached
emergency: Mexican Pirates Murder US Boater David Hartley A few weeks ago David Hartley was murdered by Mexican pirates from the Zetas cartel while he was boating on Lake Falcon along the Texas/M...mrgnc.blogspot.com/2010/10/mexican-pirates-murder-us... - Cached
Pacific Northwest Boating News: Murder of sailors leaves ... As boaters in the Northwest reeled at the news that two of their own were among the four American sailors murdered by pirates off the coast of Somalia this week, many ...threesheetsnw.com/blog/archives/15432 - Cached
Port Alfred boating tycoon found murdered | Grocott's Mail ... Andrew Reynolds, a prominent Port Alfred businessman, was found dead at a friend's farm near Grahamstown on Monday morning. Reynolds was found by a farm employee with a ...www.grocotts.co.za/...boating-tycoon-found-murdered-13-11... - Cached
Skylar Deleon Penalty Phase/ Murdered Boaters' Family Takes ... Murdered Boaters' Family Takes the Stand SANTA ANA -- Newport Harbor boater Jackie Hawks expressed both excitement and a tinge of sadness as she filmed her last video ...newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Archive/Alt/alt.true-crime/2008... - Cached
Pirate Lake: Mexican Bandits Terrorizing American Boaters on ... Sportsmen in southern Texas have been pulling bass and catfish from Falcon Lake for more than half a century. But now the suspected murder of a Colorado ...www.foxnews.com/us/2010/10/04/warnings-texas-falcon-lake... - Cached
Parolee Arrested for Manslaughter, Boating DUI ... and another man, Justin Ennis, who was recently released after serving two years in state prison in connection with a Bakersfield murder, has been arrested for boating ...www.turnto23.com/news/24801574/detail.html - Cached
Barrington teen, 17, charged with 2nd-degree murder in ... PROVIDENCE --Ryan A. Greenberg, 17, of Barrington was indicted today on a second-degree murder charge in the July boating death of Barrington High School classmate ...www.projo.com/news/content/projo-20071203-greenberg... - Cached
Domenic is offline   Reply With Quote