Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2016, 13:18   #1

Trucking companies

Hey All, Getting back into sailing after a 4 year hiatus. I live in Florida, and am in the process of purchasing a Sabre 34 in Michigan. Have read many horror stories over the internet about trucking companies. Anyone have any recommendations for very reliable transporters?
rivershor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 15:23   #2

Boat: Seafarer36c
Re: Trucking companies

We had Thomas Duncan Boat Hauling move our boat from Virginia to Calif. and everything went just fine. He's a nice guy with a nice truck and he didn't let anybody hitch a ride inside our boat!
model 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 16:28   #3

Hey Guy, Thank you for responding. I'll look him up.
Old 06-06-2016, 17:59   #4

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

...and make sure you get copies of his cargo and liability Insurance. A mistake I made once.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 18:05   #5

Thank you Celestialsailor
Old 06-06-2016, 18:33   #6

Boat: Wauquiez Centurion 49

San Diego Boat Movers 619-582-5972. Great job, no damage, and on time.
CAELESTIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2016, 18:38   #7

Thank you Celestialsailor. I'll check them out.
Old 14-06-2016, 04:49   #8

Boat: Jeanneau 349 2015

Cross country boat transport, Hastings, MN. They moved my new Jeanneau 349 from Cleveland to St Paul cheaper than anyone, on time and without a scratch. My high confidence in their ability stayed with me throughout the experience. I will use them again to take me to the Gulf of Mexico in two seasons.
RKsailsolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2016, 06:16   #9

Boat: Beneteau First 42

It might be wise to joint BoatUS and obtain an "unlimited" (or Gold) Towing Policy which is very inexpensive and advisable (in Florida particularly). BoatUS also maintains a listing of Yacht Transport companies that it has vetted and that provide services to BoatUS members at somewhat reduced costs. And, BoatUS can provide you with an inexpensive policy of transport insurance to cover hazards to the boat enroute to her new home port. For more information see (click on) BoatUS. We have been members of BoatUS since the late '80's and have found the membership very worth while.

FWIW...
"It is not so much for its beauty that the Sea makes a claim upon men's hearts, as for that subtle something, that quality of air, that emanation from the waves, that so wonderfully renews a weary spirit."
svHyLyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2017, 14:40   #10

I know this thread is a bit dated, but I've got a recommendation.

My Beneteau 393 delivery was just completed by Bill Dyess of Yacht Trucking. (yachttrucking.com) The delivery was from Seabrook TX to the San Francisco Bay area. I was very impressed by his professionalism and attention to detail. Not just double checking, but triple checking important items. He was very helpful with the MANY questions I had, and provided a lot of details that helped me understand and feel comfortable throughout the entire process. Highly recommended!
desertsailors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-08-2017, 22:56   #11

Yes, I had also heard many horror stories over the Internet about many transport companies.
Nowadays, it is very difficult to find a good boat or yacht transport service who can offer their own boat inspection services. But, yes, there are some reliable boat transport companies are available.
Last year, my friend had transported his new boat Centurion Enzo SV233 to Florida from New York by selecting Boat Transport | Transporting Boats | Ship Boat | We Will Transport It services, where his boat was transported to Florida safely within his budget.
GeneMazur is offline   Reply With Quote