Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Our Community
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-02-2017, 18:23   #16

Re: HELP PLEASE !!! -- I`m In FLA & NEED TO SAIL ! ! FOR $ & My Time is Limited here

PLEASE , Hit me up @ The afore mentioned Ph. #s or email addr ! ---- Thanks , Steve .
coloradoredneck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-02-2017, 18:40   #17

Re: HELP PLEASE !!! -- I`m In FLA & NEED TO SAIL ! ! FOR $ & My Time is Limited here

THANK YOU For your response ! -- I THINK , I`ve found a ride -- IF it doesnt work out , I`ll Hit Ya back --- REGARDLESS ! ---- THANK YOU !!!!!
Steven Grady , Owner , STS Powersports In Pine Colo, !!!!!!! ----
Old 25-02-2017, 06:01   #18

Location: Thhe boat is in Titusville, FL and we're back in CO for a few months resupplying the cruising kitty and raising money for our childrens dental charity www.sailing4smiles.com
Boat: 1982 Cape Dory 36 Hull #78

Give us an update Steve when your day is over.
SSgtPitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-02-2017, 18:36   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSgtPitt View Post
Give us an update Steve when your day is over.
OK Sarge --- here Ya go ---- TODAY I SAILED !!!!! --- BIG Surprise --- I`m Hooked For Life !!! `` Defensible `` Took Me Out on His ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL 30` Cat ``Winter Haven `` !!
He Not only took the time & effort & taught me MUCH , But Even Gave Me the Helm of His Cat ( Then went Below & Made Us Lunch No Less , I`ve Met Kind & Friendly People before , But REALLY ? -- `` Here Steve , Take The the Helm , Dont Let her sails luff , I`ll be right back `` --- ! ---
Dont know how to explain the Feeling ( Racing Heart as the sails Went Up , O2 Near impossible to take in , Goosebumps ``Bow To Stern`` Hairs on my Neck & Arms stickin` straight out ETC ) --- , But I`m Guessin` All Who are Here Already Know ! --- BEST DAY EVER !!! --- There`s Days In Everyones Lives They will NEVER Forget , Today Was One of those for Me !!! ---
Tomorrow MAY Be Another , I`ll be in Charlotte Bay Lookin` @ ``Grace ``
THANK YOU DICK ( & KATHLEEN too ) , MORE THAN I CAN EVER EXPRESS IN WORDS , YA JUST HELPED CHANGE MY LIFE , PROBABLY FOREVER !!!!!
Admittedly , I was Headed that direction anyway --- NOW I KNOW FOR SURE !!
Thanks again to the Cruisers community for all the Help , Ideas , Good Wishes & Support ETC , Steve , The ``Soon To be NOT Colorado , But Always REDNECK `` ! --- PEACE and Fair Winds To All !!!! ----------
Old 25-02-2017, 20:19   #20

Boat: Hunter 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jheldatksuedu View Post
I also taught college for 30 years, Physics, ME and EE.
Your name sounded familiar for some reason. I was at Washburn for awhile, so maybe we've run across each other in the past.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coloradoredneck View Post
OK Sarge --- here Ya go ---- TODAY I SAILED !!!!! --- BIG Surprise --- I`m Hooked For Life !
CONGRATULATIONS!

Not surprised you found someone to take you out. My experience, for what it's worth, is that these crazy sailors are pretty giving of their time and energy; especially if it will help a newbie like the two of us.
doc_cj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2017, 04:23   #21

It was a pleasure to have Steve on board Friday. I am continually looking for crew to sail with me out of Punta Gorda. It's extremely hard to single hand my Cat in and out of a slip with boats on either side and I enjoy teaching sailing to those who wish. Anyone interested can reach me at chocho41@aol.com
defensible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-02-2017, 05:28   #22

Location: Thhe boat is in Titusville, FL and we're back in CO for a few months resupplying the cruising kitty and raising money for our childrens dental charity www.sailing4smiles.com
Boat: 1982 Cape Dory 36 Hull #78

Great to hear you had a fantastic time Steve. There are some fine people on CF.
We'll probably hear a lot more from you as the boat search begins
SSgtPitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 14:25   #23

OK All , So I`ve been absent from the forum since returning to ( GAG ) inland last Feb ---
Bottom Line , I`ve closed my Biz as of 15 july , am liquidating pretty much everything that wont fit aboard , & Am still seeking my 1st vessel --- THANK YOU AGAIN ``Defensible `` ! -- Not a day has gone by without remembering my day in the gulf aboard your MOST Beautiful Lady ``Winter Haven`` --- I learned SOOO Much that day & Am indeed hooked ! , Biggest thing I learned though , Is That I have MUCH MORE to learn before attempting to single hand a sailboat big enough for me & my dogs to live on -- Have decided a ( choke ) powerboat is safer while I learn & ``get my feet wet`` while living aboard & learning the ways of water life ( Maybe a smaller single screw trawler ? ) --- I figure I can make new friends while living aboard & will no doubt earn lessons & rides aboard SAILING VESSELS in the process while being able more safely to do some exploring on my own boat --- Thanks again to all on C&SF for the help & support , Prayers for harveys victims , Fair Winds & Much Happiness to All , Steve , the ``colorado redneck`` --- SEE YA`ALL @ SEA AS SOON AS I CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN !!!! ---
Old 04-09-2017, 16:01   #24

Great story .
Cherod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 18:17   #25

--- To Be Continued --------
Old 04-09-2017, 18:56   #26

Boat: Lancer 44 Motor Sailer

Hi Colorado, I'm hearing another Cane headed your way. Take care of yourself and the doggies. Might be lots of boats cheap after it passes through.
Diesel Bill is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
lease, sail