Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-05-2020, 05:31   #16

Boat: Prairie 36 Coastal Cruiser
Re: Money

Since this thread was re-opened anyway, I just want to share one experience with TD Bank. We were in the opposite situation (US Citizens in Canada.) We had a TD account in the US so we went to a TD branch in Canada for something, maybe take out some cash or whatever.

They couldn't do anything for us; not even look up our account information. They said it's two different systems. This was in 2016, so no clue if things have changed, or even if it was a rule or just a clueless teller.

We ultimately closed the account. There seemed to be no benefit over any other US-based account, credit card or ATM. Then they shortened the hours at our local US branch. The final straw was when they threatened to turn our funds over to the state because we hadn't made a deposit or withdrawal in almost a year, even though I log on monthly and download the statement.
CaptTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2020, 16:17   #17

Re: Money

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptTom View Post
Since this thread was re-opened anyway, I just want to share one experience with TD Bank. We were in the opposite situation (US Citizens in Canada.) We had a TD account in the US so we went to a TD branch in Canada for something, maybe take out some cash or whatever.

They couldn't do anything for us; not even look up our account information. They said it's two different systems. This was in 2016, so no clue if things have changed, or even if it was a rule or just a clueless teller.

We ultimately closed the account. There seemed to be no benefit over any other US-based account, credit card or ATM. Then they shortened the hours at our local US branch. The final straw was when they threatened to turn our funds over to the state because we hadn't made a deposit or withdrawal in almost a year, even though I log on monthly and download the statement.
And it's the same the other way around. I spoke to a TD branch manager in the U.S. who appeared to be completely unaware that he worked for what was originally and is predominantly a Canadian company. I asked him what the TD on the big sign up front stood for and walked away to his befuddled look.
redneckrob is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
money