Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Product or Service Reviews & Evaluations
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-04-2014, 12:27   #1

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 40
Yard in San Francisco that will allow owner bottom paint

I am looking for a yard in San Francisco (or somewhere in that area) that has the ability to haul and block a 40 sailboat that will allow me to paint my bottom. Anyone got any ideas?
SVRapture40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 13:01   #2

Boat: Cal 2-27
Re: Yard in San Francisco that will allow owner bottom paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVRapture40 View Post
I am looking for a yard in San Francisco (or somewhere in that area) that has the ability to haul and block a 40 sailboat that will allow me to paint my bottom. Anyone got any ideas?
You might call Berkeley Marine Center.
Fog Bank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 13:04   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Islander 34

Berkeley Marine center at the berkeley marina allows DIY as does Napa Marina. You have to use the sanders/vac at berkeley by that was only $15 a day I think (4 years ago). Good folks there.

They allowed me to use my own paint there though. Napa requires that you buy their paint. Napa's a bit of a haul and out in the boondocks, about 9 miles from downtown napa.
sailorchic34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 13:06   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sailorchic34 View Post
Berkeley Marine center at the berkeley marina allows DIY as does Napa Marina. You have to use the sanders/vac at berkeley by that was only $15 a day I think (4 years ago). Good folks there.
What she said
Old 11-04-2014, 15:31   #5

I called Berkeley Marine Center a moment ago to get a progress report on our boat and asked about their scheduling for a 40 haul out for DIY work on the hard. Shannon told me they are booked until June. Hope this helps.
Old 11-04-2014, 16:21   #6

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 40

Thank you so much everyone! I made a couple of calls after posting this and was directed to Berkley also. I called them and they seem like really great folks... over the phone anyway. I am currently in the Seattle area. I am going to be heading south in August. So I am just going to head up into Lake Union for a couple of days before heading south to kill all of the junk currently attached to my bottom. Then I should be good for the trip to San Francisco. The kind folks at Berkley have pencilled me in for the first week of September. Should all work out great!! Thank you for your replies!!!!
SVRapture40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 16:25   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVRapture40 View Post
Thank you so much everyone! I made a couple of calls after posting this and was directed to Berkley also. I called them and they seem like really great folks... over the phone anyway. I am currently in the Seattle area. I am going to be heading south in August. So I am just going to head up into Lake Union for a couple of days before heading south to kill all of the junk currently attached to my bottom. Then I should be good for the trip to San Francisco. The kind folks at Berkley have pencilled me in for the first week of September. Should all work out great!! Thank you for your replies!!!!
You are very welcome. Cree, Karl, Shannon, and the rest of the gang there are great people.

Tags
bottom paint, paint, san francisco