Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-05-2015, 05:32   #1

Boat: Privilege 42
Teak Varnishing in Bequia

The Privilege 42 we sail has a beautiful wood interior but the teak doorway has suffered from exposure to sun and salt. Serendipitously, while in Admiralty Bay, Bequia Winfield Sargeant of Friendshipside Yacht Services stopped by to offer his services, refinishing, polishing and painting. I was a little skeptical but, Chris Doyle likes him so, we invited him to come by again for a discussion. After a time we came to a financial agreement and seven days later we were delighted with the results. Winfield scrapped, sanded and sealed the three paneled doorway and then applied six separate coats of varnish, meticulously sanding between each coat. there are no brush marks, no sags and no runs, hard to distinguish from factory sprayed. So, if you are in the Windward Islands and your boat could use some sprucing up, look up Winfield in Bequia, he monitors VHF 68, his email is friendshipside2@yahoo.com and his cell is 784-458-0882.

Bill
BillYorde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-05-2015, 06:21   #2
Eternal Member

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lagoon 400
Re: Teak Varnishing in Bequia

Thanks Bill. Great to hear satisfied customers reports. Were anchored there now and friendship yacht services have been cleaning and polishing the yacht anchored next to us for the last couple of days. Every time we look over there arms are moving, which is a lot more than I can say for my arms when I'm doing a laborious job like that. I'm not sure if they quoted the work or are doing hourly rate, but I'll have a chat to the owners later.
monte is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
varnish