Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-04-2022, 00:04   #1

Boat: Landfall 39 - Ron Amy
Sig marine 180 diesel heater

Anyone have any experience this heater? A forum search and Google in general hasn’t turned up all that much for me. There is one for sale locally here, fairly cheap, so I’m kind of tempted to try it. We have a Dickinson Pacific which sometimes seems to produce more soot than heat, but then it’s quite old. It’s also quite bulky. If the Sigmar heater burned clean (assuming proper installation etc) and put out a half decent amount of heat it might be worth a try (?). We have a 39’ boat. We also have a forced air diesel, so the 180 wouldn’t necessarily be our sole option if it’s on the small side. But we’ve been fooled before with underpowered heaters.
Thanks.
Oeanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2022, 04:12   #2
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Re: Sig marine 180 diesel heater

The Sig 180 appears to be a free-standing, pedestal unit [NOT bulkhead mtd], so make certain you can accommodate that style.
Also note: The requirement/recommendation for a barometric damper, and aux. fan, etc.

Sig Marine* Natural Draft Diesel Heater
Operating and Installation Instruction Manual
http://dickinsonmarine.com/dm/wp-con...el-Heaters.pdf

* Dickinson bought the Sig line in 2007.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2022, 08:44   #3

Boat: Landfall 39 - Ron Amy
Re: Sig marine 180 diesel heater

Thanks Gord. I’m hoping to quiz the seller more today, but I’m not sure he knows much since he hasn’t actually used it. It definitely appears from the stock photo I saw to be free standing. But the only site I find selling it in Canada describes the heater as

Sig Marine 180 Diesel Bulkhead Cabin Heater

The Sig Marine 180 is an attractive free standing Diesel Cabin Heater...’

https://www.boatownersworld.ca/sig-m...in-heater.html

Whatever that means. Typo maybe. I’ll see if I can squeeze more info out of the guy. It might be another one of these cute little heaters that barely keep a small boat warm.
Oeanda is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diesel, heater, marine