Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Product or Service Reviews & Evaluations
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-10-2022, 07:25   #1

Positive experiences with Marine Parts Source

The online marine supply company Marine Parts Source came up on google shopping recently when I was looking to buy a new electric Raritan toilet with a very good price, significantly lower than the usual vendors I use. I had never heard of them, so with a little trepidation I ordered it, along with a few other items I needed. I didn't expect much from customer service, just hoped I would get what I ordered. They called me up within a couple hours of the order to let me know one of the items I had ordered was backordered, which the checkout system had informed me of as well. They wanted to double check that I still wanted it, give me an estimate of when it would come, and see if I wanted the other items shipped right away or to wait for all of them came in to save on shipping. I thought that was quite nice of them, and opted to have the available items shipped right away. They arrived just a couple days later exactly as advertised. I later found the backordered item elsewhere and called to cancel my order, I again got a friendly, knowledgeable agent right away who happily took care of my request. Since then I've placed another order and gotten the same good, high touch service.

While it's sad that it's surprising, it is somewhat surprising given their super low prices that the company is able to offer good competent service as well. With service declining at some of the previous big guys and the absurd prices at the other companies that do provide consistently good service, this has become my new go-to place for marine supplies.
redneckrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2022, 07:45   #2

Boat: Chris Craft 381 Catalina
Re: Positive experiences with Marine Parts Source

I've ordered from them a couple of times when they were the only decently priced vendor with an item in stock. They're definitely on my list of "good boat parts sources".
rslifkin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2022, 03:56   #3

Boat: Jeanneau SO 389
Re: Positive experiences with Marine Parts Source

I think ordering unknown products on line down right creepy. Trying times for retail not shipping a half their sales from a web site.
A few things I don’t accept but at the top of the list is “country of origin”. Web sites dodge this retail package requirement. I’ve seen not only a Chinese copy of an Italian product they used the original manufactures art work and photos.
Country of origin is key to the final price also. Tax for buying a Chinese product from a US importer costs an extra 25% over ordering the item from China.
Magazines are a dying thing. An airbrush magazine published quarterly is $14.00 but the postage is $22.00 international US Postage. The magazine is 30% advertising and half the articles promote product so the magazine dies as an international product from too much profit greed.
Less than a half the electronics batteries on the internet are actually UL or ETL approved.
Rain coats made with toxic plastic.

Finding an honest source is a wonderful thing.
Rumrace is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
enc, marine, parts