Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Product or Service Reviews & Evaluations
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 13-12-2009, 06:17   #1

Blue Sky 2512ix Solar Charge Controller and IPN ProRemote

I would like to call out Blue Sky Energy Inc. for some well deserved praise.

We purchased our Blue Sky 2512ix, MPPT, solar charge controller and IPN ProRemote in 2007. It was easy to install and has worked flawlessly the entire time. (The IPN Pro remote allows you to set any charging parameter you wish on the charge controller and works as the battery monitor)

Two days before we were to depart on our 2009 winter cruise I discovered a problem with the 2512ix charge controller, which was no longer under warranty. Contacting Blue Sky, http://www.blueskyenergyinc.com/, put me in touch with one of their tech support technicians. The technician didn't hesitate to walk me through the trouble shooting process, even staying on the phone while I worked through some of the tests. He continued to help us once it was determined that the controller needed to be sent in for factory repair, giving clear, concise directions for the return. Then, as we were making our way down the US East Coast, he managed to stay in contact with us and kept us posted on the repair progress. Once the controller was ready for return to us he came through again, managing to hit a moving target, our southbound sailboat, with a UPS delivery in Saint Augustine, FL. Fantastic! The Technician stayed with us from start to finish and turned what could have been a nightmare for us, into a surprisingly pleasant experience.

From our experience Blue Sky not only makes a great product, but also has some of the best customer service of any company we have ever dealt with.
Greg S is offline   Reply With Quote