Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-01-2011, 08:32   #46
Hull Diver

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Under a boat, in a marina, in the San Francisco Bay
Quote:
Originally Posted by gettinthere View Post
A rather aggressive attack from the US maker of Hookamax. One would expect hookamax to attack the Aussie seller of the system, not this unfortunate buyer.
Hookamax America could have been more diplomatic in their response, but I totally understand where they are coming from. Yes, it is unfortunate that this hookah buyer bought a POS from somebody obviously preying on the ignorant, but nowhere on his web site does he differentiate between the shyster selling what he claims are Hookamax products and the actual company Hookamax America. If I'm Hookamax America, I want it writ large and loud that the stuff being sold in Oz is not a Hookamax America product.
fstbttms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:10   #47

Boat: SS34
Quote:
Originally Posted by denverd0n View Post
I would suspect that they ARE going after the Aussie seller of the system, but ALSO going after this buyer because he is the one who has put up a website that includes copyrighted material and is bad-mouthing the Hookamax product. At least, if I were the owner of Hookamax, I would certainly be going after both.

The Reseller is at fault as far as I'm concerned. Several of these American assembled hookah units are sold in Australia, some are advertised as Australian made when its obvious they are imported.
The reason I posted the link was because of the hoses sold with this unit in this particular case are dangerous. Amazon sell hookah units sans hoses to keep shipping and duty costs down. Its imperative that the correct grade hoses are purchased.
Ramona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 12:20   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstbttms View Post
Here's the bottom line- if the hose you are breathing through is not specifically graded as breathing hose, you may be poisoning yourself. In any hookah system you should only use Grade-E breathing hose or equivalent.

I don't know what you bought, but I doubt it meets the Austrailian government's standards for breathing hose. FYI.

The seller who I have dealt with for 25 years assures me that the 1 metre of hose I bought as a heat hose is suitable. The hose I wanted to buy that is used on some bought hookahs as heat hose he assured me was toxic. I checked the specs online and it meets the requirements. Food grade would have been safer but at $95 a metre for 10mm was a bit much.
Old 07-01-2011, 12:30   #49
Hull Diver

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Location: Under a boat, in a marina, in the San Francisco Bay
The seller assures you it is suitable as heat hose or heat dissipating breathing hose? It sounds like what you bought is not rated for breathing. Maybe you don't care that it's not. I would, but they are your lungs. Good luck.
fstbttms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2011, 13:47   #50

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstbttms View Post
The seller assures you it is suitable as heat hose or heat dissipating breathing hose? It sounds like what you bought is not rated for breathing. Maybe you don't care that it's not. I would, but they are your lungs. Good luck.

The seller knew it was for a hookah, its heat resistant and non toxic. Its the same place I bought the Barflow hookah hose. Commercial hookahs are common in this area.