Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > Navigation
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-05-2011, 13:58   #1

Boat: Simonis 50
How to: Font Sizes in CM93_Ed3 Charts

I have just joined the forum and I hope to find some answers from the many learned folks here.

How does one increase the font size within CM93_Ed3 charts (see red circles in image below)?
I emailed MaxSea and they say that this can be done but not from within MaxSea itself. Here is their response;

Quote:
This is doable via the CMap configuration files. Unfortunately I do not know the exact sentence as this would be a CMap alteration which is not adjusted by MaxSea, please refer to your CMap manual on how to configure this.
My eye sight is not what it used to be and the font sizes are hopelessly too small for me to read.
Can anybody assist me with this?

svrevelations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 18:38   #2

Boat: Simonis 50
Re: How to?: Font sizes in CM93_Ed3 charts

Received an answer from Jeppeson today. Apparently there is a file called "Ruler.exe" in the MaxSea folder somewhere. One can apparently resize the screen size with this file. However, I could find this file in MaxSea v12.6.4.1.

For no reason, I removed the MaxSea USB dongle and started MaxSea. Whilst it was in the process of booting, I inserted the USB dongle again. To my surprise, a dialog box appeared with a white square shape and text inputs asking for the square to be measured. I measure the square with a ruler and typed this into the dialogs. Then click OK and MaxSea appear after a few seconds. The small text was now much bigger and perfectly readable.

I guess that if one types in a smaller dimension that the actual rectangle size will in a further increase of the font size.

svrevelations is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
charts