Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-10-2018, 18:59   #16

Boat: Other people's boats
Re: course test

No worries, I had a similar turnaround just recently when the deviation card stated "subtract west values" at the top and I just followed it like a robot. It took a while before my brain clicked into gear and I realized I should have ignored that and done the TVMDC bit instead.
requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2018, 20:39   #17

Boat: Manta Mk1 42 ft
Re: course test

Hi again - thank you all for the discussion, it was really helpful. Today I got my 100% mark at last for the Navigation but one question was a real pain. The question was around the positioning of the compass on a boat. The two options were either on the centre line of the boat or on the fore and aft line of the boat. What made it difficult was that the online material inferred it should be the fore and aft line but the book clearly states centreline. Anyway, I chose for and aft line and got 100% so imagine that was where i was originally going wrong. I am struggling however to discover the difference between centreline and for and aft line. Can you tell me the difference and also what is correct in terms of compass positioning? Getting my boat on 5th November so very excited now. Cheers
Elaine and Tony is offline   Reply With Quote