Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Seamanship, Navigation & Boat Handling > Navigation
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-03-2022, 19:08   #1

Australia to French Polynesia Passage Plan

I am planning a passage plan on paper charts first before I resort to the luxuries of technology and will have a proof reviewer of the plan when its completed, just to have a back up. Can I please ask anyone to contribute on your thoughts and experiences please on a passage from Sydney or the East Coast to Tahiti in October? I know the season is May-Oct but observing the Pilot Charts, I see Oct being favorable with not much high waves and non existent cyclones. Wind averages 3-4 above 40 degree - not sure about the transition zone on latitude 30s between the trades and westerlies....Temperatures look fantastic with a stable High pressure.

The winds predominantly looks like tacking all the way up and the currents are against you all the way in all the charts from May to Oct.

My latitudes concerned will between 35 to 16 degrees.

Any other suggestions are welcome. Very grateful, thanks.

I will also be solo sailing for the first time on this passage
Pacific Lycia is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Australia, enc, French Polynesia, passage