Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-12-2021, 18:39   #16
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Benford 38 Fantail Cruiser
Re: Mooring in U.S. Waters

Quote:
Originally Posted by redraven View Post
Do I need to clear US customs or acquire a cruising license in order to anchor for rest periods? Thanks in advance!
Yes, to both questions.
No way around this for Canadians.
Old 14-12-2021, 23:02   #17
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Pearson 36-1
Send a message via Skype™ to George DuBose

The latest for air travelers is that US citizen or not, everyone has to have a PCR test 24 hours prior to arrival, not 72 hours.

I think that if a person goes to a hospital with Covid and has refused vaccinations, the doctors should say, "Take two aspirins and go home."

My wife (a doctor) says that unvaccinated people that go to the hospital with Covid should have to pay their medical bills out of pocket.

Unvaccinated people put the rest of us at risk regardless of their "rights"...

My father died from polio six months before the vaccine was released. We have practically "beaten" polio out of existance. How do you think we are going to beat Covid by sucking on Tootsie Roll Pops???
Old 15-12-2021, 01:14   #18

Boat: Leopard 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by George DuBose View Post
The latest for air travelers is that US citizen or not, everyone has to have a PCR test 24 hours prior to arrival, not 72 hours.

I think that if a person goes to a hospital with Covid and has refused vaccinations, the doctors should say, "Take two aspirins and go home."

My wife (a doctor) says that unvaccinated people that go to the hospital with Covid should have to pay their medical bills out of pocket.

Unvaccinated people put the rest of us at risk regardless of their "rights"...

My father died from polio six months before the vaccine was released. We have practically "beaten" polio out of existance. How do you think we are going to beat Covid by sucking on Tootsie Roll Pops???
Ivermectin soaked Twinkies will do it!
Old 15-12-2021, 03:25   #19

Boat: Bristol 41.1 Keep on Dancin'

Did OP say unvaccinated?
Old 15-12-2021, 05:05   #20
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Quote:
Originally Posted by boat driver View Post
what does it take to get vaccinated? Then issue goes away.
what makes you think Mexico will allow you in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodesman View Post
Seriously? If you're going to roll the dice by (1) going to Mexico; (2) going to a country with loose COVID protocols; (3) during an active wave of a global pandemic, while (4) eschewing the vaccine that can prevent serious illness or death, then WTF are you worried about at sea? - keep on trucking, set your AIS alarm and get a good sleep.
Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, redraven.

Mexico is open to travelers.
There is no need to provide a proof of vaccination, negative PCR test, or quarantine, on arrival.
Travelers to the country must only complete a health declaration form, and scan the QR code it generates, on arrival.

Mexico has had around 3.9 million cases of Covid-19, and roughly 296,000, deaths as of December 10 (although some believe the actual numbers are higher). López Obrador has come under fire for taking a laissez-faire approach to the virus. Restrictions have not been far reaching, and life has gone on as normal, for many, which critics say has led to high death and infection rates.

Mexico has a list of recommended vaccinations, like hepatitis A, hepatitis B, Cholera, typhoid, yellow fever, rabies, etc. which it is recommended you have, before entering.

Nonetheless, GET VACCINATED!
None of us are safe, until all of us are safe.

Old 15-12-2021, 05:16   #21

In April 2020 Mexico had the "same policy" yet when vessels arrived in various local ports they were directed to anchor for two week quarantine with no contact with shore. This included delivery of food or water. That was then- today you may double check that what the local policy is at your destination.
This may make your southbound trip a demand so the 2 week time period is already documented.
With the new variant and present west coast weather forecast and your questions above confidence on preparation seems low.
Old 15-12-2021, 20:12   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by redraven View Post
Hi ALL,

I am considering yachting from Vancouver to Mexico. Assuming I have everything I need for the voyage WITHOUT having to get off of my boat. Do I need to clear US customs or acquire a cruising license in order to anchor for rest periods? Thanks in advance!

the minute you drop an anchor in US waters you have entered that country
Old 16-12-2021, 08:57   #23

Boat: Sceptre 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
[SIZE=3]
Mexico has had around 3.9 million cases of Covid-19, and roughly 296,000, deaths as of December 10 (although some believe the actual numbers are higher). López Obrador has come under fire for taking a laissez-faire approach to the virus. Restrictions have not been far reaching, and life has gone on as normal, for many, which critics say has led to high death and infection rates.
Indeed. Mexico hardly tests at all, and substantially underestimates its covid-19 deaths, as suggested by "excess deaths". You cannot trust Mexico's covid-19 numbers. (We have an in-law in Mexico who died from COVID-19 and the whole family there had covid-19.)

For example:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...-excess-death/Click image for larger version

Name:	imrs.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	249883
Old 16-12-2021, 09:22   #24

Boat: 34' Crowther tri sold 16' Kayak now

I just got off a cruise ship from Florida to Mexico and the Bahamas yesterday. We had to show proof of vacc and the ship gave us all a test on the spot before we were allowed to board. I don't know if this is a countries policy or the ship's. No one wore a mask on board except the crew. No further proof or testing was required at either country or on our arrival back.
I will be taking another cruise next month from California to the Mexican Riviera on a different line. They require vacc and a test 48 hours before boarding. I know this is off tangent but it is what happened recently.
My newly divorced sis is a travel agent and gets freebies all the time. I am now her significant other. I just have to pay for airfare and incidentals.
Old 16-12-2021, 09:27   #25

Boat: Reinke S10 & Raven 26
Send a message via Skype™ to grantmc

OP Red Raven has the smell of a troll and I don't understand why you guys have all wasted so much time replying.
Old 16-12-2021, 11:35   #26

Boat: Trlåren 31

As said above, if you anchor in US waters you'll need to check in. You could possibly use the CBP roam app to check in with US customs.

Since vaccinations aren't required to enter by boat, I suspect they won't ask you about them. Be prepared to answer the usual questions about your travels like purpose of your trip, expected length of stay, carrying cash, fruits and vegetables, alcohol, etc, etc.
Old 16-12-2021, 15:09   #27

Boat: 2010 Jeanneau SO 44i

I am fortunate to have hit 4 countries from passages this year, I got my jabs early, back when they told us Once vaccinated we could not get it, or spread it. They were wrong. Both my kids were layed up for over 48 hrs after each Jab, I don’t trust the narrative they are putting out that there are no side affects, and that there is no danger in getting them. That is just not true.

I returned to the states twice this year, I am a US citizen returning on a foreign registered
Vessel, CBP did not ask for Vax cards or PCRs, or require us to quarantine after there visit, we did not come though a port that sees pleasure craft from abroad routinely.

How effective are the shots?……why do they need to test you if you received them?
Why are there no certificates or cards for the antibodies? Why after 2 years are there still no directives on treating the virus?

For what it is worth
if you want to cruse out side of your country I would say you would be much better off getting the shots. Or plan on being denied entry, or prolonged quarantines.
Old 16-12-2021, 15:13   #28

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepondancin View Post
Did OP say unvaccinated?

Post #3:

" But we don't all meet the Vaccine requirements.."
Old 16-12-2021, 15:14   #29

Boat: Sceptre 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kd9truck View Post

How effective are the shots?……why do they need to test you if you received them?
How effective? How about effectiveness in reducing deaths?
Click image for larger version

Name:	dea35ad9-916f-41f0-b05f-a5268918f381_1620x1020.jpg
Views:	89
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	249899
Old 16-12-2021, 15:27   #30

Boat: 47' Olympic Adventure

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kd9truck View Post
I don’t trust the narrative they are putting out that there are no side affects, and that there is no danger in getting them. That is just not true.
What narrative is that? The information has always been there, on the CDC site as well as others. There are a list of side-effects, as well as potentially adverse reactions. At no point was it ever stated that 100% protection would be achieved with these shots. Again the data is out there for anyone who opens their eyeballs. To say otherwise is being untruthful or willfully ignorant.
Closed Thread

Tags
mooring, water