Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-02-2008, 22:10   #16

Boat: 1967 Starcraft 16' - 1961 Mercury 70hp
Mr. Gmac, Please do not be offended and have Mr. Wheeler delete my post, but could you please explain to an ignorant American what a big tupperware fizz nastie is?

Thank you sir.
tyrntlzrdking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 22:15   #17
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Hartley Tahitian 45ft. Leisure Lady
I won't dare tell ya what Seafox does when they see a fizznasty come in looking for anchorage. 8-0

It all comes down to the fact that the amount of Rode to use is a "rule of thumb". There is no hard and fast rule to how much you toss out. There is certainly a very good rule of thumb however. This concludes in one essential point. You put out as much Rode as you think you will need, bearing in mind the rule of thumb guidline. The increasing depth as you increase distance from the shore will cause no hard and fast ratio. It's because all shores vary. Here in the sounds, I have anchoring area's that are no more than 16ft clear across the bay and then we have bays that are 100ft at only 10ft from the shore. I wouldn't choose to anchor in that one as I don't have enough chain length, but someone else may do so.

For God so loved the world..........He didn't send a committee.
Alan Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 22:16   #18

Boat: Schioning 12.3 "Wilderness" Bi-Rig under construction
Send a message via Skype™ to Whimsical
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMac View Post
Mind you so does my very big stereo if I see one coming, up she goes and she can go up lots
GMac I like that can I steal it

Mike
Whimsical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 22:31   #19

So I can assume that a big tupperware fizz nastie is the same as a regular fizznasty?

Thank you, and I am sorry if I offended anyone.
Old 11-02-2008, 23:16   #20
Marine Service Provider

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrntlzrdking View Post
Mr. Gmac, Please do not be offended and have Mr. Wheeler delete my post, but could you please explain to an ignorant American what a big tupperware fizz nastie is?
Thank you sir.
Mr T L King, zero offence taken (and never has been by the way)

A Tupperware fizz nasty is a big fibreglass powerboat that don't have a wake, they have a Tsunami instead. Usually driven by gentlemen who are bald, pot bellied and use it to off-set their undersized penis. Basically gas guzzling apartment blocks with a point on one end driven by people with zero anchoring etiquette. As you maybe able to tell I'm not a big fan of them.

Whimsical - Please feel free. I'd recommend you keep a special CD on the boat for those occasions. One personal favourite is 'Fearless Iranians from Hell' (an American band, go figure) who is heavily influenced by 'Suicidal Tendencies'. Obviously they don't do much Barry Manilow but at volume will scare most organic matter well away. Play with caution and for very short periods only. I think your find Celine Dion just won't do it
GMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 23:35   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMac View Post
A Tupperware fizz nasty is a big fibreglass powerboat that don't have a wake, they have a Tsunami instead. Usually driven by gentlemen who are bald, pot bellied and use it to off-set their undersized penis. Basically gas guzzling apartment blocks with a point on one end driven by people with zero anchoring etiquette.
OK. Thank you.
Now I understand.
I bet there are a few other Americans who did not understand.
Old 11-02-2008, 23:52   #22

Boat: Lotus 10.6
Quote:
Whimsical - Please feel free. I'd recommend you keep a special CD on the boat for those occasions. One personal favourite is 'Fearless Iranians from Hell' (an American band, go figure) who is heavily influenced by 'Suicidal Tendencies'. Obviously they don't do much Barry Manilow but at volume will scare most organic matter well away. Play with caution and for very short periods only. I think your find Celine Dion just won't do it
Get the solar shower out and strip off and start washing your fat a..se when they come into to anchor. The site of my white bum and donger usually gets them showing me their stern
Old 12-02-2008, 00:46   #23
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Hartley Tahitian 45ft. Leisure Lady
Oh crap, I'm in the wrong Forum. I thought this was the Anchoring discussion thread, but I see it is the Discussion about Nightmares.

For God so loved the world..........He didn't send a committee.
Alan Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 01:29   #24

Boat: Lotus 10.6
Scary thing is it is all true
Old 21-02-2008, 17:53   #25

Boat: pearson 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pelagic View Post
For a good night’s sleep….. if you can, look at the chart and if there is a bit of an indent or depression on the bottom, drop the pick there. Anchors don’t like to drag uphill!

thanks man i appreciate that idea
bonnelaine
bonnelaine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2008, 18:35   #26

Boat: nebe cape 28
I set at 10 to 1 from were I drop the hook, I also have 100 feet of chain and 200 feet of nylon to that.
Old 25-02-2008, 07:11   #27
Eternal Member

Boat: Simpson, Catamaran, 46ft. IMAGINE
Windshadow, and Vasco,

I also set 10 to 1, so I can sleep well, and nap well too. Not to mention when you leave the boat in southern Florida, and Bahamas weather can come through quickly. It can also be some snotty weather to cause dragging.

If I am in a tighter area I will put a clorox jug on the anchor....yeah yeah I know bad idea, but it is a warning. When other boats arrive I advise them how much scope I have out.

I have had several boats drag down on, because of short scope. Luckily I, and the owners were both aboard. In St. Barts I yelled out to a boat dragging, and the woman on deck shrugged her shoulders, and went back to reading.

I have drug twice, and that was before I marked the chain...........
imagine2frolic is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
rode