Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Anchoring & Mooring
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-01-2012, 08:39   #1
always in motion is the future

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Sundeer 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAELESTIS
Oh my... I lost track of who is who around this Rocna fiasco and their account names here on CF but better make some popcorn and keep an eye to this thread....

ciao!
Nick.

s/v Jedi is offline   Reply
Old 18-01-2012, 08:45   #2

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lippincott 30
Re: Canada Metals on Rocna: Doublespeak?

Quote:
Originally Posted by s/v Jedi View Post
Oh my... I lost track of who is who around this Rocna fiasco and their account names here on CF but better make some popcorn and keep an eye to this thread....

ciao!
Nick.
What is the saying of birds of a feather that flock together?

Hollywood couldn't write a soap opera with as many twists and turns that the characters involved in the Rocna debacle provide us.

yup... time for
Old 18-01-2012, 08:54   #3

Boat: Chiquita 46 - Libertalia

Quote:
Rocna Anchors' former co-owner Steve Banbury said King caused an irreparable split in the family and the business was eventually sold for considerably less than it was worth.
Yes it was him.. and the steel quality deception..
Old 18-01-2012, 12:11   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by idpnd View Post
Yes it was him.. and the steel quality deception..
And so the dirt slinging launches again.
There is just one problem and that is that the published story is so full of inaccuracy that it beggars belief and is being actioned here as we read.

There is however another interesting quote from Steve Bambury in the article:

Rocna Anchors' former co-owner Steve Banbury said King caused an irreparable split in the family and the business was eventually sold for considerably less than it was worth.

The story given by Smith was that he took the license back from Bambury and did a deal with CMP to take over the rights from Bambury, not that Bambury had sold the company to CMP.

CMP have more than a little explaining to do as they still employ Bambury who was the one who ordered the lowering of the metal way back in 2008 and continued with all of the subsequent lies and deceit both in press releases and online forums well after he had been exposed as ripping off every purchaser of a cast rocna.

The inaction of CMP since November says it all as to who is actually running the ship and with him still at the helm it wont be long before another salvage team is in there
Old 18-01-2012, 12:44   #5

Boat: Wauquiez Centurion 49

If the newspaper is not correct, you need to seek counsel for slander.

I doubt the prison records are inaccurate. Bambury may not be a good or honest businessman, but your credibility is zero. Grand theft auto, fraud, and embezzlement sound like the makings of a career criminal.

"King has been declared bankrupt three times, in 1991, 2005 and 2010, when he owed around $90,000 to six creditors.

Court records show that in the 1980s and 1990s King served a prison sentence for receiving stolen goods, lured "gullible" investors into handing over hundreds of thousands of dollars, and was taken to court by his insurance company after claiming compensation when a commercial building he owned was gutted by fire"

Court documents show King's offending goes back to at least 1982 when, at age 27, he was jailed for receiving four stolen vehicles.

In the 1990s King committed offences under the Crimes Act 1961 and the Securities Act 1978. According to court documents, he placed advertisements in newspapers offering securities to the public without a registered prospectus. Four people invested a total of $100,000, and wealthy American Joseph Simonetta put in $270,000.

In 2010 King was fired from Rocna Anchors after the company owners discovered he had withdrawn thousands of dollars from the company credit card here and overseas. Criminal charges were dropped after it was deemed to be a civil matter.
CAELESTIS is offline   Reply
Old 18-01-2012, 12:55   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAELESTIS View Post
If the newspaper is not correct, you need to seek counsel for slander.

I doubt the prison records are inaccurate. Bamburry may not be a good or honest businessman, but your credibility is zero. Grand theft auto, fraud, and embezzlement sound like the makings of a career criminal.

"King has been declared bankrupt three times, in 1991, 2005 and 2010, when he owed around $90,000 to six creditors.

Court records show that in the 1980s and 1990s King served a prison sentence for receiving stolen goods, lured "gullible" investors into handing over hundreds of thousands of dollars, and was taken to court by his insurance company after claiming compensation when a commercial building he owned was gutted by fire"

Court documents show King's offending goes back to at least 1982 when, at age 27, he was jailed for receiving four stolen vehicles.

In the 1990s King committed offences under the Crimes Act 1961 and the Securities Act 1978. According to court documents, he placed advertisements in newspapers offering securities to the public without a registered prospectus. Four people invested a total of $100,000, and wealthy American Joseph Simonetta put in $270,000.

In 2010 King was fired from Rocna Anchors after the company owners discovered he had withdrawn thousands of dollars from the company credit card here and overseas. Criminal charges were dropped after it was deemed to be a civil matter.
Action already taken

Your attempt to discredit me further, obviously in defence of Bambury, doent change the facts of what he did.

Also note that yes I served time for receiving stolen vehicles, not for anything to do with "investors" or insurance and in fact it was ME suing my insurance for payment , not THEM taking me to court.

Also note that the so called "withdrawal" of funds from the rocna credit card was the money paid in bribes to Rina to obtain certification and is the subject of a few detailed threads on YBW and an investigation conducted by Neeves in Australia.

If you are going to continue to push any sort of cleansing for Steve Bambury you are pitifully wasting your time, he has been exposed too much for it to work.

I would like to know in particular just what this has to do with what Rocna did in 2008 and continued to lie about?

The answer = nothing.

Actually now that I have been through your previous posts on this forum and see your dedication to pushing for Rocna and your interaction with Mark Pocock I can understand why you have been chosen to relaunch another personal attack on me.

A personal attack does not change the facts already known about their deceit.

Tags
Canada, rocna