Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-09-2018, 06:18   #61

Re: Anchor DIY

If you want to see more about this anchor project you can reed it on Slovenian nautical forum.

http://www.morjeplovec.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22732&sid=9982d86ebbee68dbd16f fe1e240d2540&start=675
Bonaparte-eu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 03:05   #62
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Jeanneau 43DS

Hi Bonaparte
your project is very interesting
please contact me with Email, izikalvo@gmail.com for future cooperation.

thanks
Izikalvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 02:35   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene Neill View Post
Yeah ... nothing says "sleep well" quite like a homemade knockoff anchor.
Are Mantus, Rocna, Ex-cel, spade anchors made by NASA?
No
They are all invented and created by sailors like me.
Old 07-01-2019, 04:55   #64

Bonaparte, is the adriatic anchor also from your shop?
chemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 05:31   #65

I completely concur with Bonaparte on this. In my personal opinion all current super high holding power anchors are based on the original Buegel design. Those that say that it is not allowed to develop a new anchor by studying, or starting from, previous anchor designs due to existing IP-rights have no clue about the basic principle of IP, which is that an inventor gets 20 years protection (exclusion right) for his invention in return for a full disclosure thereof so that others can build thereon to provide alternatives or improvements. The developers of Rocna, Manson, Spade, Excell, ...., etc., Bonaparte´s Manork, the Knox anchor and the Adriatic anchor appear all to be based on this Buegel design and all developers looked at the previous designs and added, deleted, combined or modified some characteristic features to create an alternative or improvement. That is not only perfectly legit, it is the obvious thing to do. You don´t want to reinvent the wheel. All of these anchors started as a new design to overcome shortcommings of previous designs. It was the marketing that made them what they are today. I saw that Bonaparte has already done his due diligence on the naming and logo of his anchor, I hope that he does the same by searching for any valid patents that may cover some of his anchor characteristics (freedom to operate) before he starts to share or commercially exploit his design/invention. Best of luck to you.
chemist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 06:01   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemist View Post
Bonaparte, is the adriatic anchor also from your shop?
Adriatic anchor and Neptun anchor are made by Jakob Godler from Slovenia
Old 07-01-2019, 08:51   #67

Boat: Valiant 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by chemist View Post
I completely concur with Bonaparte on this. In my personal opinion all current super high holding power anchors are based on the original Buegel design. Those that say that it is not allowed to develop a new anchor by studying, or starting from, previous anchor designs due to existing IP-rights have no clue about the basic principle of IP, which is that an inventor gets 20 years protection (exclusion right) for his invention in return for a full disclosure thereof so that others can build thereon to provide alternatives or improvements. The developers of Rocna, Manson, Spade, Excell, ...., etc., Bonaparte´s Manork, the Knox anchor and the Adriatic anchor appear all to be based on this Buegel design and all developers looked at the previous designs and added, deleted, combined or modified some characteristic features to create an alternative or improvement. That is not only perfectly legit, it is the obvious thing to do. You don´t want to reinvent the wheel.

It is not legit to build someone else’s valid patented design with an “improvement” without having a proper license for the original patented design. A lot of people are confused on this simple point. To avoid patent infringement requires a design that does NOT include all the claimed elements of another valid patented design.

To take your example of the “wheel”, if improving a 4 spoke wheel by making it have 3 or 5 spokes would still likely infringe the original 4 spoke wheel patent.

At least in most countries there is no implied license to build a patented design for “personal use”, investigate an improvement or any other use. A patent is a right to a monopoly in all countries where the valid patent is registered. No one else may build even one copy without a license.
transmitterdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 09:26   #68

The limit is 20%.
If is product more than 20% different from original patented product is not a copy.

Manork version 1.1 anchor is mix of four anchors.
Manork version 2.0 is mix of six anchors.
It is a lot diferent from version you haved seen.
In few weeks I will show you version 2.0
Old 07-01-2019, 09:37   #69

It is funny reading about copyrights because I am shure that 50% of people on this forum is writing on pirate cracked version of windows
Old 07-01-2019, 09:43   #70

I do not care for registred trade mark.
I do not want that my anchor on the end look like mantus. Because I want to create something much better.
If I wanted to have anchor like mantus I would allready bought original mantus. It is cheaper to buy original than drawings hours and hours cad file.
Old 07-01-2019, 13:01   #71

Boat: Valiant 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonaparte-eu View Post
The limit is 20%.
If is product more than 20% different from original patented product is not a copy.

There is no such law in any country that I know. The law on patent infringement is clear in most all countries and none have a 20% rule. If you stop and think about you will realize there could never be such a rule. If someone had a patent for a wheel and then someone else built a train using wheels they could claim the wheels make up less than 20% of the train. That argument would be lost in 30 seconds in court. In fact, no respectable lawyer would even present such a worthless argument.
transmitterdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 13:17   #72

I do not care for lawyers. They can take only my old socks.
Old 07-01-2019, 13:27   #73
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate Re: Anchor DIY

So who's getting the royalties from the 1st wheel that all other wheels are based on..???
Forgot.. no one had invented patents then.. Buga.. his decendents must be dissed..

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 13:57   #74

There is so big diference Manork version 1.0 vs Mantus that is increidble.

Tags
anchor, DIY, Homemade, Mantus