Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-04-2020, 10:39   #76

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Bestevaer.
Re: whipping - antal method - low friction ring

There was a thread from several years ago developing this technique. It is worth reading. There are photos and detailed instructions starting at post # 57:

https://www.cruisersforum.com/forums...-169533-3.html
noelex 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-04-2020, 07:50   #77

Re: whipping - antal method - low friction ring

Quote:
Originally Posted by noelex 77 View Post
There was a thread from several years ago developing this technique.
That is actually a somewhat different technique - probably a tiny bit more complicated/difficult than the one I showed.

I pull and surge tested the particular way I showed above several times and am comfortable with its characteristics. And Samson uses it in one of its commercial products (they do include a flat whipping at the start of the tapered part). I have grown quite reluctant to judge/guess about untested techniques (particularly in hi-modulus) because I have been numerous times surprised when I actually test them.

As I mentioned there are a thousand slightly different ways to do this . . . . various tapered whippings have been around for probably 3000 years.
Breaking Waves is offline   Reply With Quote