Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-03-2024, 00:07   #1

Boat: Oyster, 53, 53
RIGGING CONSULTANT/ADVISOR NEEDED

Hi - I am in a small-ish town with not many riggers to choose from. I want advice from a seasoned pro to help me decide on what I need and guide my discussions with and oversee recommendations and work (remotely) by my local rigger. If anyone is interested and can point to a website/body of experience that would be helpful. Obviously, willing to pay for good advice.

Oyster 53, - installing a furling staysail, buying new sails, running rigging, preparing for 12 month/15000m cruise.
dantags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2024, 03:23   #2
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Cape George 31
Re: RIGGING CONSULTANT/ADVISOR NEEDED

You might try looking up the Newport Rigging Group in Portsmouth, RI, USA. They regularly service every sort of Oyster.
What you desire sounds expensive no matter how it's sliced; perhaps it's worth flying someone out for an expert furler install?
You might find it more affordable to sail somewhere that riggers and supplies are easier to come by and do your refit there.

Tags
rigging