Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-04-2023, 14:54   #1

Boat: McIntosh 47
Florida Sail Loft Bad Juju

Looking for a new Dacron 120% furling genoa for our Macintosh 47 here in Florida. We have sailed a bunch but this is only the second new sail we’ve every ordered.

Read plenty of good referrals for Mack sail. They had a good price and a 16 week lead time. They use Challenge cloth and would mitre cut the Genoa.

I was impressed by the German woven Dimension Polyant material used by Sail Technology. Competitive price and much shorter lead time and at least one positive referral. From what I have read this is probably a better cloth. Cross cut design. Both of these lofts build the sails in their facilities here in Florida. I like that.

Talked with the folks at North Sail. Good marketing, the highest price (double almost) and a long lead time. I’m having a hard justifying their price for a cruising sail.

What I wasn’t ready for was all the negative talk FROM sail lofts ABOUT OTHER sail lofts. Everyone’s got a negative comment about their competition.

Had sort of made up my mind to use Sail Technology. Liked their cloth and responses. Then got essentially a warning to stay away from them by another loft.

Anyone have experience with Sail Technology? Mack?

Hoping to make a decision in the next couple days. Thanks Cruisers!
Gone Gypsy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
florida, sail