Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-04-2018, 13:34   #1

Boat: Lagoon 420
Candy Alise washer won't drain

Hey all,

I have a Candy washing machine in my Lagoon 420 and I just returned to using the boat after it was on the hard for 5 months.

I'm finding the washing machine goes through some of the cycles ok but generally fails to drain grey water after wash cycle.

I have pulled the filter, its clean. I see the pump behind the filter spins ok on spin cycle. When I disconnect the drain hose from thru hull the water generally won't drain on it's own.

When I blow air up the drain pipe it resists at first, then with more pressure it breaks through to create bubbles. I usually have to do this about three times, then the water drains out freely.

Any ideas for fixing this bugger? I tried running a small snake back up the line but the drain line makes a fairly sharp 180 bend that seems to prevent the snake from going around.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Cheers,

Rob
psychfeld is offline   Reply With Quote