Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Engineering & Systems > Plumbing Systems and Fixtures
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 15-07-2015, 11:18   #1

2014 Beneteau Oceanis 37 CONDENSATE PUMP PROBLEMS

Hello, this is our first season with our new 2014 Beneteau Oceanis 37. The original condensate pump for our A/C system was making a helluva lot of noise, and has been replaced twice already by the dealer, with no success. It seems that the sensor for these pumps (the EDC Panther condensate pump) is very finnicky, and does not work properly. It is supposed to sense when there is water dripping down the tray, pump it out, and then stop the pump once the water has been emptied, however it fails to shut off the pump, resulting in it running constantly and sucking air (which causes a very loud ticking noise) I have come to the point where I just disconnected it, and ran the hose from the pan into the bilge, so the condensate just runs into the bilge and gets pumped out by the bilge pump. Do any of you other Beneteau owner's have the same problems with this, and if so what was your remedy? I would like to leave the A/C system on in dehumidify mode all the time, but dont feel comfortable just in case the bilge pump / float switch fails, and would much rather have a condensate pump that works. Apparently Beneteau is aware of the problem, and their solution is to just keep filing a warranty claim and swapping out for a new EDC pump. Thanks
Dswerdloff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2015, 06:43   #2

Boat: 2012 Jeanneau SO 44DS
Re: 2014 Beneteau Oceanis 37 CONDENSATE PUMP PROBLEMS

I'm in a similar situation. I just replaced the main salon AC in my 2012 Jeanneau 44DS and needed a new condensate pump as well. I came on board and this new pump makes an extremely loud and annoying ticking noise. I spoke with the repair guy and he used what Beneteau uses for their condensate pumps. It's called Silent+ (silent my @ss) anyway I leave it on when I'm off the boat as I'm not there to hear it. When I'm on the boat I'm usually in the cockpit when sailing but I'm getting it checked out. Obviously this can't be normal as my old pump didn't have this issue. Keep me posted if you find anything out.

Rob
Fulmitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-07-2015, 07:01   #3

Re: 2014 Beneteau Oceanis 37 CONDENSATE PUMP PROBLEMS

The pump, when running properly, is pretty quiet.. The problem arises once the water has been emptied from the pan. If it were working properly, the sensor at that point would turn the pump off, as there is no more water to pump out. What is happening though, is the sensor fails to shut off the pump, and it begins sucking air as there is no more water, and this is what causes the loud ticking noise. This could also result in the pump burning out, as it just keeps running continuously. Like I said we are on our third pump/sensor combo, and its still the same. I have resorted to just disconnecting it completely, and I run the tube from the pan directly to the bilge. I am just worried in the event that the hole/tube gets blocked somehow, and the water overflows from the pan, so at this point I only run the system when we spend time at the dock / overnight, and require the A/C.. I would love to leave it on in dehumid. mode all the time when we arent there, but I just dont feel comfortable without a working condensate pump. I have requested that the dealer install a shower sump box with float switch instead of another faulty pump, so we'll see what happens.
Dswerdloff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beneteau, oceanis