After once again dealing with a weak connection for the stern tube lubrication hose, I have fixed mine once and for all. I 3D printed a bracket to support the nipple. The best part is we could do this without hauling out. If you take on this type of project
, you will need to take into account the amount of buildup of material at the existing nipple entry. Ours had a considerable amount of buildup on the stern tube which meant we had to create an offset at the opposite end of the new bracket so when tightened the bracket it would sit level to the stern tube.
We did a one week shake down and the bracket was super strong and not one drip of water