Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 20-01-2021, 14:49   #1

Boat: Jeanneau 41DS
Docking Instructor Ft. Pierce, FL area

A friend describes the only time he ever cursed at his children was when he took his family on vacation to Disney World. He is usually a pretty laid back guy but him forking out all that money to stand in long lines in the brutal Florida summer heat, his young kids getting tired and cranky, my friend lost his sh** at the happiest place on earth.

After previously owning smaller boats my wife and I purchased a large to us sailboat this past summer, a Jeanneau 41DS. My wife completed an ASA 101-104 course a few years ago and docked the schools Catalina 309 like a champ, but she is admittedly intimidated to dock our boat. I’m pretty competent at docking but in no way should I be teaching it... I know my limits. I also don’t want to end up like my friend losing my sh** on my family.

I am looking to hire an ASA certified sailing instructor in the Ft. Pierce area for a day to teach my wife to dock our boat, in late February/early March timeframe. I reached out to water sailing">Blue Water Sailing School in Ft. Lauderdale but they could not accommodate at this time. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrew
V-Dog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
Docking, dock