Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-02-2011, 13:05   #106
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!
in defense of gord may,iv'e allways found him very objective and informative and un biased,also thank him for his valuable imput,and his ability to put things in perspective..
Old 10-02-2011, 14:10   #107

Boat: Peterson/Formosa 46 "Hoopoe III"
Ok.Atoll but it seems to me that reading this entire post, you were the person who has defended Hans Klaar as you have been the only member that had a personal relationship with him. Everyone else is merely adding opinion based on nothing. In my short use of this forum I merely state the obvious, that there are a handful of reoccurring contributors that seem to provide nothing more than a need to see there words in print. Having said that and understanding the ire that I might have raised I guess its time to move on to a cruiser sailors forum that meets my needs. Is there one?
Old 10-02-2011, 14:24   #108
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombats View Post
Ok.Atoll but it seems to me that reading this entire post, you were the person who has defended Hans Klaar as you have been the only member that had a personal relationship with him. Everyone else is merely adding opinion based on nothing. In my short use of this forum I merely state the obvious, that there are a handful of reoccurring contributors that seem to provide nothing more than a need to see there words in print. Having said that and understanding the ire that I might have raised I guess its time to move on to a cruiser sailors forum that meets my needs. Is there one?
Tell us your needs and we may be able to help.... but of all the one's I've tried this is the only one I've considered sticking with... I'm a member of 4 others but rarely go there because they're to dry and dull...
There's nowhere in this world you'll find things just as you want except maybe in front of a mirror..
Stick around awhile... you may be surprised...
P.S; Its called conversation

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 10-02-2011, 14:26   #109
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!
zoombats,as vast as this world is,so is the bredth of experince and knowledge on this forum.

the internet makes the world a very small place,it's only once you have sailed around it a few times you actually realise how small it actually is............

welcome and if it's knowledge you seek,you will find it.
Old 10-02-2011, 14:42   #110

Boat: Peterson/Formosa 46 "Hoopoe III"
Look, I merely made a comment about someone mentioning credentials as meaning something. I furthered my mistake in noting that the frequency of posts seems odd. maybe I'm wrong and if I have upset someone then I apologise. I have made no comments on Hans Klaas, nor do I plan too. I didn't know the man but I am fairly impressed by his sailing exploits. But not knowing him as I am sure neither do the majority of posters on this forum, I would not speculate. It is my point that, "conversation" aside, it has little to do with cruising and sailing.
Old 10-02-2011, 14:52   #111
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate

Hey... no worries, and no ones offended, upset whatever... but you'd be surprised how these seemingly mindless blather sessions turn out the odd bits of gold from time to time.... its just a case of sorting the wheat from the chaff...
Welcome to CF...

Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
Old 10-02-2011, 15:07   #112
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
The author of post #34 expressed the opinion* that Dr. MARTINIQUE STILWELL’s master’s in Creative Writing said everything that needed to be said about her. I suggested that her Medical Doctorate might be just as revealing.
You’re correct, that neither degree is definitive. I would suggest that an MD does suggest much more than just an ability to read.
I do think you were wrong, and I was generally (not personally) offended. Factual & obvious logical errors always offend me. Perhaps I'm too easily offended.

What seems odd about my frequency of posts, to you?
Personally, I've always thought 44 (as opposed to, say 16,911) to be an extremely odd number.

* “MA in Creative Writing? Kinda says it all don't you think? “

Old 10-02-2011, 15:50   #113

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesuede View Post
I tend to be of like mind with those 2 US Air Marshalls who arrested a paasenger aboard a flight to Brazil last year and were detained by Brazillian authorities for assault upon the plane landing. *They lied, and rand out the back door and high tailed it to the airport and used their badges to get on the first flight out. *They didn't stick around and "Obey the Law" and chance the Brazillian Judicial process. *I think they did the smart thing. *And these were two "LawMen" absconding. *They clearly understood the reality of the situation and removed themselves from harms way for fear of unfair treatment and finding themselves in great peril.
So, two law enforcement officers unlawfully evade the justice process and you support that?! I'd bet you'd have a different view if the offence had been against you or your property. Having disrespect and derision for the legal and administrative structures of other (inferior?) countries is not a very propitious or mature outlook for a cruiser imho.
Old 10-02-2011, 16:02   #114
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoombats View Post
Everyone else is merely adding opinion based on nothing. In my short use of this forum I merely state the obvious, that there are a handful of reoccurring contributors that seem to provide nothing more than a need to see there words in print. Having said that and understanding the ire that I might have raised I guess its time to move on to a cruiser sailors forum that meets my needs. Is there one?
Mr Pot,

I think you are confusing an Internet Forum with a Library.

Regards

Mr Kettle.

Old 10-02-2011, 18:32   #115

Quote:
Originally Posted by At sea View Post
So, two law enforcement officers unlawfully evade the justice process and you support that?! I'd bet you'd have a different view if the offence had been against you or your property. Having disrespect and derision for the legal and administrative structures of other (inferior?) countries is not a very propitious or mature outlook for a cruiser imho.
Be it the law, or any other area of life, I fully support individuals utilising the full breadth of their cognitive abilities to take measure of the actual situation they are confronted with, then making decisions which will best care for their well being. In the case referenced, these TWO law enforcement officers utilised the first hand intel available to them and smartly drew the conclusion that their life, or limb, could be in great peril if they allowed themselves to be admitted to a jail in that country AND under those circumstances. Some would simply succumb and let the chips fall where they may. These two officers, instead, chose to be the first line of defense for their own well being. Ultimately, that is the responsibility for each free man. I'll never belittle the man who chooses to follow the rules of another simply so he can revel in his obedience. I'm simply not, as were these officers, a man who celebrates simple blind obedience as a positive character trait.
I'm On point, On task, On message, and Off drugs. A Streetwise Smart Bomb, Out of rehab and In denial. Over the Top, On the edge, Under the Radar, and In Control. Behind the 8 ball, Ahead of the Curve and I've got a Love Child who sends me Hate mail. - (George Carlin)
Old 10-02-2011, 19:17   #116
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussiesuede View Post
Be it the law, or any other area of life, I fully support individuals utilising the full breadth of their cognitive abilities to take measure of the actual situation they are confronted with, then making decisions which will best care for their well being. In the case referenced, these TWO law enforcement officers utilised the first hand intel available to them and smartly drew the conclusion that their life, or limb, could be in great peril if they allowed themselves to be admitted to a jail in that country AND under those circumstances. Some would simply succumb and let the chips fall where they may. These two officers, instead, chose to be the first line of defense for their own well being. Ultimately, that is the responsibility for each free man. I'll never belittle the man who chooses to follow the rules of another simply so he can revel in his obedience. I'm simply not, as were these officers, a man who celebrates simple blind obedience as a positive character trait.
Another useful thing is to be aware of which countries have extradition treaties with the country you've offended in... then avoid them... or keep an extremely low profile and don't do something stupid to piss them off.. like illegal entry...
Fortunately for the Air Marshalls.... Brazil does not have such a treaty with the US... or the UK come to that... else Ronnie Biggs would not have lasted as long as he did....
For those not aware he was a member of 'The Great Train Robbery' back in 1963.
A damn nice bloke actually

Old 10-02-2011, 20:17   #117

Boat: c&c landfall 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Palarran View Post
I don't wish it, nor do I think most would. It doesn't take grapefruits either. I would be more inclined to emulate someone who held an honest job, stayed true to their wife, raised their children, provided them a proper education, saved some money, and retired comfortably. Someone like my dad.
LOL boring
Old 11-02-2011, 02:19   #118

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
Out of curiosity... where did you tie up in Karachi...
Here opposite the Yacht Club
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Karachi Harbour.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	38.8 KB
ID:	23677  
Old 11-02-2011, 02:36   #119

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatman61 View Post
A damn nice bloke actually
Beat up the train driver with an axe handle to the face actually. Bloke never worked again.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:38   #120

Boat: r then 33 Y amaha Feb 2014 just bought Alan Pape 43 ketch
Getting out

By the time you guys have finshed your " debate " Hans should be getting out Still if you want 2000 thread replies a month keep hitting those keyboards.Will then recieve green-stiker to indicate going-off
Clyde