Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 18-03-2009, 13:53   #16

Boat: CT54
We will be traveling with our two dogs Jasmine and Dancer as well as our 18 year old daughter Amanda.
Does anyone know when we can send in our entry?

Jackie
s/v Chrokeva
jackiepitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 14:02   #17

Boat: Sceptre 41
Made my decision this morning. I am going on the Baja Ha Ha. If the family wants to come that would be great. If they don't want to I will bring some friends along.

Told the Admiral and she said OK. Didn't say whether she would go but said that the trip was OK.

If the kids go it will be an 11 year old boy and a 13 year old girl.

If it is not the family it will be four middle aged men.

Charlie

Between us there was, as I have already said somewhere, the bond of the sea. Besides holding our hearts together through long periods of separation, it had the effect of making us tolerant of each other's yarns -- and even convictions. Heart of Darkness
Joseph Conrad
Charlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 14:10   #18

That is great Charlie.
I think this is going to be a great year for the HaHa.

Jackie
Old 18-03-2009, 14:17   #19

Hi Jackie:

I agree. Where are you guys going after you Ha Ha. If I remeber correctly your boat was in Ensenada. Is it still there?

Charlie

Between us there was, as I have already said somewhere, the bond of the sea. Besides holding our hearts together through long periods of separation, it had the effect of making us tolerant of each other's yarns -- and even convictions. Heart of Darkness
Joseph Conrad
Old 18-03-2009, 14:34   #20

we have not been in Ensenada for over two years (wow time flys). We are in Orange County until June when we will be heading to San Diego and staying until we leave on the HaHa in October
We plan on spending one year in Mexico (probably mainland mostly) then heading down towards the Canal.
Where are you keeping your boat now? Do you have any plans after the HaHa?
How about the rest of you haha folks....plans after the haha?
Jackie
Old 18-03-2009, 14:48   #21

I can't believe two years have passed by. Crazy. Our boat has been working its way down the coast from BC. Ohana arrived in SD on the day that the Baja Ha Ha left last year. I had this idea of going to the start with a banner that said "First in line for 2009" but the weather was nasty and I never did it.

After Ha Ha I plan to keep Ohana in La Paz. I'm not sure for how long. I want to take a couple of months and cruise the Sea of Cortez and then ???? Eventually I would like to take the boat to the Med. I would like to do that by heading West but the Admiral wants to take the canal. We'll have to see. When the kids graduate High School I'll have more lattitude to make longer trips. Only 7 1/2 years to go.

Charlie

Joseph Conrad
Old 18-03-2009, 14:56   #22

Boat: 27' Norsea
Send a message via Yahoo to jwidahonurse
You can submit your entry fee now.
jwidahonurse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-03-2009, 15:01   #23

Oh wow you are definately 1st in line for 2009!
We were waiting for my daughter to graduate high school and head off to college also but now that she is graduating this june she has decided to stay with us for a year or so and see some of the world. It is amazing how much kids change. She really did not like the boat 3 years ago but now views it as a opportunity to travel and is looking forward to going as well. She was actually the one who insisted we do the HaHa A great idea in my opinion.
Jackie
Old 18-03-2009, 15:44   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackiepitts View Post
Oh wow you are definately 1st in line for 2009!
We were waiting for my daughter to graduate high school and head off to college also but now that she is graduating this june she has decided to stay with us for a year or so and see some of the world. It is amazing how much kids change. She really did not like the boat 3 years ago but now views it as a opportunity to travel and is looking forward to going as well. She was actually the one who insisted we do the HaHa A great idea in my opinion.
Jackie
Aren't kids funny. A year of travel is great for a kid I htink. Problem with it is that it can easily lead to more.

Charlie

Joseph Conrad
Old 20-03-2009, 23:18   #25

Boat: Kristen 465
I'm glad to see so many people in the Ha Ha will have some kids. Me, my wife and 9 and 7 year old boys will be going in it this year and spending the rest the season in Mexico. One reason we decided to join the Ha Ha was so that our boys could find some other kids to play with at the start of our "big adventure" (as we refer to this trip!), and hopefully we can link up with the other kids periodically throughout the year.

I'll be heading down from Tacoma to San Diego with the group of guys starting in late August to early Sept depending on weather. My family will drive down to avoid any nastiness off WA and OR and so that we have some wheels for the month we'll be in San Diego.

Craig
Cadence10m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-03-2009, 12:22   #26

Hi Craig:

We got our boat down there last year. I am talking to the family and we'll probably do it this way. Kids play in their soccer games on Saturday 10/24 then fly to SD. I will be there already. 10/25 party. 10/26 head for Turtle Bay. We might have to leave Mag Bay a day early in order to have a comfortable time frame to get the kids home in time for their 11/6 soccer game. They are serious about their soccer. If it wer up to me they would just miss the game and enjoy the festivities witht he Ha Ha crowd. Good Luck we'll see you when you get down to SD.

Charlie

Joseph Conrad
Old 17-06-2009, 15:06   #27

Wow the time has flew by!
We will be heading back to San Diego next week and will be spending the rest of the summer getting ready to leave with the haha.
Hope to run into some of you in San Diego.
Jackie
s/v Chrokeva
Old 17-06-2009, 15:45   #28

Yikes!

We're leaving August 1st. My 11 year old finishes school next week in time to do my bottom paint. Let's see, the list is getting shorter: finish sewing new mainsail, haul out, finish water maker install, rebuild propane locker, new reefing set-up, lazy jacks, new rudder, make all the electronics talk to each other over their NEMA 0183 interfaces, restitch the suncover on the genoa, pack the house, put everything in storage, load the boat, and make Sailmail work over the newly installed SSB and modem. Only the last item is somewhat daunting...
waterdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2009, 15:59   #29

Wow you have been busy. Makes me think of how much is still left to do.
We still need to figure out how to get sailmail working...actually if we could figure out the ssb at all I would be happy. I finally figured out how to tune it so that is one step forward
We pretty much decided to do the bottom paint when we get to Mazatlan so no worries there (actually we are just putting off the pain).
Yeah that last item really is the big one.
Jackie
Old 23-06-2009, 09:23   #30

Boat: S&S Hughes 38
Waterdog,we are leaving Vancouver at same time,will look for you out there.Plan on sailing straight to San Fran.,got all my installs done except for the multiplexer and the SSB.Ordered new mainsail last week.
highseas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baja