Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Forum Tech Support & Site Help
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-12-2014, 12:44   #1

Boat: Valiant 40
Persistant "The Cruisers Daily" popup

Every page I navigate to I now have a pop up asking me if I want to subscribe to the "The Cruisers Daily". How can I get rid of this?
Suijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 15:37   #2

Boat: Lagoon 410 (now sold)
Re: Persistant "The Cruisers Daily" popup

I don't get it popping up all the time, just once every couple of weeks or so when logging on.

Is this something sponsored by the forum? There is no mention of Cruisers Forum on the popup or what subscribing will do..... flood my inbox with spam?

I use Firefox on Windows 7 and have Adblock Plus.
Old 05-02-2015, 15:47   #3

I don't get that problem. But for some reason at times on CF my keyboard only puts on about half the words I'm typing. Happened this am and I just thought it was my computer but then when I went to another forum typing was fine. Came back here and had to retype about half of what I was trying to type.
Almost like I'm typing too fast for the forum or something... still happening now but not as bad....
anyone else?

Cheechako is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2015, 20:28   #4

Boat: Solaris Sunstar 36' catamaran

It pops up almost every time I log on. I guess they think if they irritate me enough I'll join - not.
Old 05-02-2015, 22:40   #5

Boat: Pearson 365 Sloop and 9' Fatty Knees.

Yup...Get it once a week or so...I try to keep my inbox streamlined. Don't need the extra hoopla.
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming: Wow - what a ride!"
Celestialsailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-03-2015, 05:27   #6
Captain

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Send a message via MSN to Andy R Send a message via Skype™ to Andy R

Sorry, for the late reply, I didn't see the discussion when it was going on last month.

The Daily Cruiser is an email that is sent out that includes links to new interesting topics being discussed here on Cruisers Forum. When you sign up your email is not shared with any other 3rd parties. Every email that is sent has a link at the bottom to opt-out making it very easy to stop the emails if you do not find them valuable.

The intent of The Daily Cruiser is provide a service to our viewers who might want to keep up with what's going on here at the forums but don't have time to check in every day. A quick glance and if they find something of interest they click over to read. If not, then one click and it's trashed and on to the next email. We also understand that we have many readers who never bother to register on Cruisers Forum (lurker) but still come by on a regular basis to read. This easy signup process allows them to stay in the loop without having to setup an account which helps us grow our audience.

The modal window that encourages people to sign up is set to show once every 6 weeks if you have never signed up. If you sign up it's set to show you once every couple years. The system requires cookies to work so if you have cookies disabled it will show up more often. For folks who never want to see the modal window again, you can disable it in the User CP >> Options settings.
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2015, 06:22   #7

Boat: Nordic Tug 37

Hi Andy,

I have disabled it as you described. Does not help.

The popup shows up every morning when I log on, usually in the middle of the process of logging on, disrupting it somehow and making me re-enter ID and password to get logged on. VERY annoying. Seems to me an unnecessary and very much unwanted intrusion.
NewMoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2015, 20:37   #8

Boat: Alden auxiliary ketch 48'

I, too, get the message sporadically. Once I realized it was legit I signed up but have never gotten a single email with info on new topics.

I just now ignore the messages - click to close it and move on.

Yeah, $500 would be nice - maybe I could try to join again but the "rejection" is mentally devastating.
Old 28-01-2016, 18:38   #9

Boat: Beneteau, Oceanis 50 G5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post
Sorry, for the late reply, I didn't see the discussion when it was going on last month.

The Daily Cruiser is an email that is sent out that includes links to new interesting topics being discussed here on Cruisers Forum. When you sign up your email is not shared with any other 3rd parties. Every email that is sent has a link at the bottom to opt-out making it very easy to stop the emails if you do not find them valuable.

The intent of The Daily Cruiser is provide a service to our viewers who might want to keep up with what's going on here at the forums but don't have time to check in every day. A quick glance and if they find something of interest they click over to read. If not, then one click and it's trashed and on to the next email. We also understand that we have many readers who never bother to register on Cruisers Forum (lurker) but still come by on a regular basis to read. This easy signup process allows them to stay in the loop without having to setup an account which helps us grow our audience.

The modal window that encourages people to sign up is set to show once every 6 weeks if you have never signed up. If you sign up it's set to show you once every couple years. The system requires cookies to work so if you have cookies disabled it will show up more often. For folks who never want to see the modal window again, you can disable it in the User CP >> Options settings.
Andy, I find it really handy, but for the last few days (25th Jan was the last I saw) I have not been getting the e-mail. How can I re-subscribe to it (have looked all over the forum site to no avail).
Thanks for your help with this,
David
David B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2016, 10:21   #10

Boat: Dragonfly 1000 trimaran

Just go to SA or SN instead.

Ayn Rand
senormechanico is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2016, 10:48   #11

Boat: Vaitses/Herreshoff Meadow Lark 37'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy R View Post

On my Android mobile, it would never go away. I'd close it and it would pop right back up.
Jdege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2016, 10:56   #12

Boat: Cheoy Lee Offshore 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyoldboatguy View Post
I, too, get the message sporadically. Once I realized it was legit I signed up but have never gotten a single email with info on new topics.

I just now ignore the messages - click to close it and move on.

Yeah, $500 would be nice - maybe I could try to join again but the "rejection" is mentally devastating.

Ditto! I figured I did something wrong...but to be honest, I never checked my spam folder. My guess is email from Cruisers Forum is swimming in that deep black pit.
Sea Dreaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2016, 15:18   #13

Boat: Vaitses/Herreshoff Meadow Lark 37'

And now I'm getting the damned popup, even though I've already subscribed.
Jdege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2016, 16:19   #14

Boat: a sailing boat

Yep. Pretty nasty add that I have to click like 5 times to get thru to reading the posts and to posting.

I think once is enough. Whoever designed the bloody thing to pop up that many times was wrong.

Thumbs down for the developer. Five times. ;-)

b.
barnakiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 08:24   #15

Boat: TBD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdege View Post
On my Android mobile, it would never go away. I'd close it and it would pop right back up.
When on my Kindle you can not even log in on the silk browser do to it popping up as fast as you can close it even after I subscribed to it. Went to using a side loaded Firefox browser and it worked for a day or so then started the same thing that the silk browser was doing. If it wasn't for the cf app I could do nothing on the forum without switching over to my laptop. Please fix this so you can at least enjoy the forums without wanting to use your viewing device for an anchor or a large fishing weight. Thank you.

Sent from my KFOT using Cruisers Sailing Forum mobile app

Tags
cruise, cruiser