Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 07-02-2014, 12:59   #181
cruiser

Boat: Cheoy Lee 66 M/Y & Cambria 44 S/V - Captain Lurssen 145
Re: Catalina or Hunter

H20 just another thought came to mind. If you're considering doing some serious passage making I would seek out an experienced salt (who has the proven bluewater (miles under their belt) where ever you are and invite them on your boat and let them poke around and help you make proper list.

Also prior to any serious jumping off I would hire a surveyor to come on your vessel again. What is a few hundred or 1000 bucks compared to your life.?

If money is a real issue I'd at least invite the coasties aboard to have a look (free of charge) also make sure the guy or girl poking around and making recommendations has more than 2 stripes on their sleeve and at least 10 years in the service. Sometimes they will send auxiliary guys to have a look if you're in the states and I repeat (no offense to uscga members) some of them really do not have proper training in safety inspections. So be sure to ask for credentials. Same goes for the people in the service. Usually more than one will show up which is good.
sealubber is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
catalina, hunter