Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 14-06-2018, 17:36   #1

Boat: Searunner 37 trimaran
Sail my Tri – Darwin to Indo

I looking for a skipper to sail my trimaran from Darwin to Kupang, Indonesia, and also for an additional one to three people as crew.

You can depart with the Sail Indonesia Rally on the full moon on 28 July as part of the Rally or not or whenever else suits you in July - August

The boat is Pegasos, a Jim Brown designed Searunner 37 foot sailing trimaran. It is neat and comfortable but not luxurious. It is fully equipped with Radar, AIS, reliable engine, good condition rigging and the usual electronics, safety gear and galley and home comforts, all in decent condition. It is a very safe design. Searunners are THE classic cruising trimaran and have been widely sailed all over the world for about fifty years and not one has ever capsized and they cannot sink.

I have day-hop cruised all the way from Brisbane and will be in Darwin in about 3 weeks but I am not overly keen to do the 420 miles across the Timor sea myself.

If the skipper, but not crew, wishes he can continue on, cruising with my wife and I for another week or so, day-hopping through Indonesia. Flights from Kupang back to Darwin are about 400 AUD, which I will pay for the skipper but not the crew.

robert.boat.stuff at gmail dot com

Robert
Pegasos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-2018, 18:47   #2

Boat: Milkraft 60 ex trawler
Re: Sail my Tri – Darwin to Indo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pegasos View Post
not one has ever capsized and they cannot sink.

Simi 60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-06-2018, 13:45   #3

Boat: Trintella 4

Did Darwin to Sorong in 2016 and then across the top of Papua and over to Vanuatu.
lifeboatcox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2018, 12:21   #4

Hey mate
My wife and I are currently working in Darwin until the end of july early august, we have purchased a catamaran in Darwin that we are planning to fix up and take up into indo eventually. We would love to jump on as crew for the passage to Kupang to get a feel of what we will be experiencing when we make the jump later on. We are both 27 I am a Diesel Mechanic and I have the required tools to do any repairs on arrival if needed before the passage. Let me know if you would like to catch up on your arrival, we live in bay view marina.

Thanks Lauren and Dylan
Dieselmech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2018, 17:52   #5

Boat: 1930 timber gaff rigged cutter

Robert-My name is Philip and Im interested in a crew opportunity. I have experience in sailing and have yacht masters, coastal, off shore and the theory part of yacht master ocean. I am based in south Australia and have completed most of the off shore races there several times. I have my own 38ft gaff rigged cutter which I sail solo mostly. I can navigate, take a watch and trim sails and take the helm. I can cook, fix up or any other task marine related. I have done a couple of yacht deliveries as crew (Phuket to lankawi).
Im very flexible with time as just semi retired from my own business as an engineer involved with water infrastructure. Im very fit and active and have a quiet non confrontational manner. I enjoy sailing particularly off shore and look to gain more experience before I start cruising with my own yacht solo. Regards
mercater4@gmail.com
mercater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2018, 07:14   #6
Marine Service Provider

Hi Robert,
I am a professional skipper based in the med. at the moment.
The.delivery sounds interesting to me, I just stepped off a 27mt Oyster and I am looking to do some deliveries on a global scale . I would like to know something more about your offer and i will send you my cv and references. Is Rote island a possible stop once in Timor?
My mail is indodream@hotmail.com
Fabio
indodream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 05:49   #7

Boat: Searunner 37 trimaran

Thanks everyone, but i have everything sorted now
Pegasos is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sail