Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 24-01-2017, 04:21   #1

Boat: CheoyLee Offshore 33
Send a message via Skype™ to masonc
Dinghy repair at transom/floor join

We have a cheap 3DTender black PVC dinghy that came with the boat. It is leaking air right at the point where the floor meets the side meets the transom. I don't see how to fix it easily, I can't see any way to get at it. In fact, I have considered slitting the outside of the tube and putting a patch on the failure from the inside, then repairing the tube from the inside and outside. Any suggestions or should I just chuck the dinghy? While it's a POS, it is very light and can be put on our van roofrack by one person.
masonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2017, 10:08   #2

Re: Dinghy repair at transom/floor join

Quote:
Originally Posted by masonc View Post
We have a cheap 3DTender black PVC dinghy that came with the boat. It is leaking air right at the point where the floor meets the side meets the transom. I don't see how to fix it easily, I can't see any way to get at it. In fact, I have considered slitting the outside of the tube and putting a patch on the failure from the inside, then repairing the tube from the inside and outside. Any suggestions or should I just chuck the dinghy? While it's a POS, it is very light and can be put on our van roofrack by one person.
Use tire fix spray
cengizeest is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dinghy