Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats) > Classifieds Archive
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2016, 02:41   #1

Boat: 1987 Island Packet 31
ACR GlobalFix GPS/EPIRB Cat II, Manual Release

I have a less than 1-year old (for all intensive purposes, new) ACR Electronics GlobalFix GPS/EPIRB for sale. Here are the details:

GlobalFix™ iPRO features a digital display that lets you see the beacon's operational activities. The screen shows GPS LAT/LON, operating instructions, usage tips, transmission bursts as well as battery power. Dual GPS Technology easily interfaces with your onboard GPS to ensure that your LAT/LON is stored inside, allowing your precise coordinates to transmit in the first data burst. iPRO's internal GPS is optimized for cold starts so that it will pinpoint your exact location faster than standard GPS enabled EPIRBs. It's smaller than the original GlobalFix and also includes a non-hazardous battery. Optional 406Link.com advanced satellite testing enables you to receive your beacon's test burst from the satellites via email/text.

Frequency: 406 MHz with 121.5 MHz homing
Battery Life: Lithium battery with 5-year replacement life, 48-hour operational life
Strobe: White, 20-30 flashes per minute
GPS: Internal GPS receiver and external GPS interface
Material: High-impact, UV-resistant polymer
Waterproof: Waterproof to 33'
Weight: 2.3lb.
Dimensions: 7"H x 4 3/16"W x 3 5/8"D

The EPIRB has never been deployed. It can be re-registered to you upon sale and includes mounting bracket and instructions. I am selling for $350 OBO. Currently located in New Bern, North Carolina, and willing to ship. Buyer responsible for shipping costs. Please message me if interested.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10406908.jpg
Views:	112
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	127394   Click image for larger version

Name:	epirb.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	186.9 KB
ID:	127395  

Old 05-07-2016, 03:16   #2

Boat: Bieroc 36 foot Ketch
Re: ACR GlobalFix GPS/EPIRB Cat II, Manual Release

Quote:
Originally Posted by challis0124 View Post
I have a less than 1-year old (for all intensive purposes, new) ACR Electronics GlobalFix GPS/EPIRB for sale. Here are the details:

GlobalFix™ iPRO features a digital display that lets you see the beacon's operational activities. The screen shows GPS LAT/LON, operating instructions, usage tips, transmission bursts as well as battery power. Dual GPS Technology easily interfaces with your onboard GPS to ensure that your LAT/LON is stored inside, allowing your precise coordinates to transmit in the first data burst. iPRO's internal GPS is optimized for cold starts so that it will pinpoint your exact location faster than standard GPS enabled EPIRBs. It's smaller than the original GlobalFix and also includes a non-hazardous battery. Optional 406Link.com advanced satellite testing enables you to receive your beacon's test burst from the satellites via email/text.

Frequency: 406 MHz with 121.5 MHz homing
Battery Life: Lithium battery with 5-year replacement life, 48-hour operational life
Strobe: White, 20-30 flashes per minute
GPS: Internal GPS receiver and external GPS interface
Material: High-impact, UV-resistant polymer
Waterproof: Waterproof to 33'
Weight: 2.3lb.
Dimensions: 7"H x 4 3/16"W x 3 5/8"D

The EPIRB has never been deployed. It can be re-registered to you upon sale and includes mounting bracket and instructions. I am selling for $350 OBO. Currently located in New Bern, North Carolina, and willing to ship. Buyer responsible for shipping costs. Please message me if interested.
Dude they are $399 US brand new. Why would anyone pay $350 for a second hand one that's a year old?

I'm not trying to wind you up, but if you really want to off load it, you need to offer it at half price at least.
Old 05-07-2016, 05:07   #3

You are absolutely right. There is a limited time offer at 399 AFTER the rebate, which incidentally ENDS today, July 5. After today the price goes back up to its original price 529. My EPIRB (which is more or less new) is listed for 37% less. Not a bad deal in my eyes.

So to your point. If you are actually interested in buying one, its a pretty good deal

Thanks
Old 05-07-2016, 05:26   #4

Boat: Bieroc 36 foot Ketch

Quote:
Originally Posted by challis0124 View Post
You are absolutely right. There is a limited time offer at 399 AFTER the rebate, which incidentally ENDS today, July 5. After today the price goes back up to its original price 529. My EPIRB (which is more or less new) is listed for 37% less. Not a bad deal in my eyes.

So to your point. If you are actually interested in buying one, its a pretty good deal

Thanks
Limited time offer? Rebate? Don't know about that.

https://www.amazon.com/ACR-GlobalFix.../dp/B002RMCWFU

Here's one $399 AND you can get another rebate off the top of that.

ACR Global Fix Pro 2844 Cat II EPIRB The GPS Store

Here's another, no rebate.

ACR ELECTRONICS GlobalFixâ„¢ PRO GPS / EPIRB, Category II Manual Release | West Marine

Anyway, this is your gig. I just think in the words of Daryl Karrigan, 'tell him he's dreaming'
Old 05-07-2016, 08:47   #5

roger that. Thanks for the info.
Old 05-07-2016, 18:33   #6

Location: Wherever the boat lies, USA coasts, Keys, Bahamas & Islands
Boat: Island Spirit 40' Cat

If it has been registered, it's kind of a pain in the rear end to have it re-assigned. I went through that when I tried to transfer ownership to me as it came with the boat. Expect to have to jump to a few hoops in the process.

Also, the battery has a limited life, and yours just lost a year. Like buying a "new" 2014 car leftover today. It lost a lot of $$ in value when you drive it of the dealer's lot.

I haven't checked, but those "cheap" deals mentioned above might be older units too.

YMMV..

Tags
epirb, gps, lease