Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Liveaboard's Forum
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-01-2018, 13:19   #1

Boat: 1985 Catalina 27
Anyone living aboard and ready to sail in MD?

Hi,
Happy New Year to all.
We would love to connect with an older couple living on a 35' (plus) sailboat somewhere in MD and able to sail when the weather clears.
We'll treat you for a nice lunch or dinner at your favorite restaurant in exchange for being invited aboard and hearing your story....
No strings attached.... no further request if you don't like us.
Deal?
ferrailleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 05:27   #2

Boat: '78 Hatteras 48LRC, 48' 10"
Re: Anyone living aboard and ready to sail in MD?

I'm not a candidate (wrong boat), but if I were I'd want to know more info. Do you just want to trade a meal for a day of sailing on the bay, or do you have other reasons? Why an older couple? Why 35' plus? What "story" do you want to hear. Frankly, the "no strings" sentence is a bit creepy.

Looking through your posts so far, you seem harmless enough and mostly curious, but I think you could frame this request better. I also suggest asking more questions here on the forum of the kind you'd like to have answered if your request was granted.

Best of luck in your search, whatever it is you're searching for.
Greg Brannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 07:50   #3

Boat: 1985 Catalina 27

Yes, probably badly written but I hope not too "creepy" (LOL).
I'm 74 (please see my profile) married 43 years.... and yes I'm contemplating downsizing and moving on a sailing cruiser at least 32'. I live not far from Annapolis. We would live aboard and cruise weather permitting.

The purpose of my post was to meet a couple about our age living this type of arrangement on this type of boat.... to ask questions and get info of the pro and con of their life aboard.

Hope that this clarifies my badly written post.
Thanks for listening
ferrailleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 04:18   #4

Boat: HR 40
Send a message via Skype™ to Auspicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrailleur View Post
The purpose of my post was to meet a couple about our age living this type of arrangement on this type of boat.... to ask questions and get info of the pro and con of their life aboard.
Not quite what you asked I'm afraid. There is a Cruisers' Lunch at Leeward Market on the second Saturday of each month at 1230. They usually have to throw us out to clean and close. There is no telling who will show up. There is one coming up on Saturday 13 January. C'mon down. If nothing else the food is pretty good. *grin*

601 Second St at the corner of Chester in Eastport. All are welcome, not charge, just the cost of your own meal. Order up front, your meal is delivered to our table.
Auspicious is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
living aboard, sail