Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-11-2010, 23:30   #106
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
i not spoiled (toomuch)--just found the boat for a reallllly goooood price---and in better shape than originally thought--i got lucky for a change.....LOL
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 00:44   #107
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarian View Post
Simple is good.
Boat or fella?

David_Old_Jersey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:08   #108

With one of these On board it won't matter if the boat is a floating gin palace or a bath tub.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	man_with_a_very_big_cock.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	21600  
hoppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 01:10   #109

Boat: Baba 35
Listed based on importance:
Classic Cutter
Sea Comfort
Under 40'
Tons of Storage Space
"U" shaped Kitchen (Less bumping while cooking)
"Beamy" (Less bumping into each other)
Head and Shower somewhat separated
Lots of Canvas for privacy and less sunburn
Well rigged to cockpit.
Bookshelves that don't toss books on wet floors.
Patient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:19   #110

Boat: Beneteau 32.5
I've sailed with a number of different guys and different women. While much of it is about individual tastes, there is no doubt that on average the women I've sailed with at least initially are much more attracted visually to a more modern, ergonomic look and features relating to comfortable living. Guys have been more appreciative of value and how the function relates to intended use.

With time on the boat, I think each gains a greater appreciation of the other, but even over time, the general differences remain.
nautical62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 05:40   #111

Boat: Searunner 34 Trimaran
I can tell you that once over 40, what a woman wants from a man is a guy that will do housework! As far as boats is concerned, a lot of women would do the "cruising thing" much longer, if they were on a well designed & sailed multihull. This is not bias talking, (although I am), it's my observation after 15 years of living aboard... all over.
Mark
Mark Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 09:57   #112

it is nice to know we. as stereotyped creatures only like multihulls, bendytoys and bs--LOL-- too bad the guys saying this never met a female who SAILS. ROFL... i truly believe those guys are speaking reflectively in that they speak reflecting what THEY want, rather than what the female really wants. ye think????
Old 01-12-2010, 10:14   #113

Boat: Vagabond 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post
Boat or fella?

Depends on how you define it - could be both.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:22   #114

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Johnson View Post
I can tell you that once over 40, what a woman wants from a man is a guy that will do housework! As far as boats is concerned, a lot of women would do the "cruising thing" much longer, if they were on a well designed & sailed multihull. This is not bias talking, (although I am), it's my observation after 15 years of living aboard... all over.
Mark

You've got me thinking - I know, dangerous. Thought I wanted a monohull, but . . . .
More info please.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:27   #115

pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarian View Post
You've got me thinking - I know, dangerous. Thought I wanted a monohull, but . . . .
More info please.

i was truly thinking i realllly realllly wanted this heavy monohull that doesnt flip over in high winds and high seas... dang--- i guess i was listening to the wrong vvoices....but , 5hen, i have only been living aboard these monohulls since 1990...sailing them since 1955.....what would i know??????
PLEASE, PLEASE!!!! ENLIGHTEN ME!!!! i am SOOOO misguided...
Old 01-12-2010, 10:28   #116

No man knows what women want. Therefore most of the above posts are just idle speculation.
daddle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 10:30   #117

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
i was truly thinking i realllly realllly wanted this heavy monohull that doesnt flip over in high winds and high seas... dang--- i guess i was listening to the wrong vvoices....but , 5hen, i have only been living aboard these monohulls since 1990....what would i know??????
PLEASE, PLEASE!!!! ENLIGHTEN ME!!!! i am SOOOO misguided...

That was exactly my train of thought, but you don't know what you don't know until you do, and I have never sailed a cat. Lots of folks do. So I figure there might be something I don't know.
Old 01-12-2010, 10:45   #118

Boat: Searunner 34 Trimaran
What women want...

Zehag... Certainly meant no offense. The title of the thread: "What women want" is in effect suggesting that all women want the same thing, which is a generalization, and like all of them... frequently true, but not always. I figured it was all in good fun, or the title wouldn't be worded that way.

My comment that most women over 40 want a man that does house work... This was the results of surveys of thousands of American women. (I forgot by which institution). They preferred that (housework), to a husband that was rich, great looking, or a great lover. I know I started upping my participation in the housework! It is easier to improve than the others...

The comment I made about Multihulls was my personal experience, of which I know more than anyone, as you do yours. We lived aboard for 15 years and thousands of nights on the hook. I noticed that after a while many of my monohull lifetime cruiser friend's wives were getting sick of it, long before their trusty captains, but after switching to a "well designed" multihull, they started enjoying it again. (Level / more spacious / can see outside / brighter down below, faster, etc.)

This is not to say that middle aged monohull women don't love their boats and the lifestyle just as much. Each type is better at different things. Our Searunner is great for tropical anchoring out, being totally solar self sufficient, and as a clear water dive platform. Many monohulls are better at fitting into marinas and boatyards, cheeper to own & maintain, and FAR easier to heat or cool. Then there is the higher payload... Since we moved to NC, with winters in the teens at times, we have moved off of the boat. We hope to get back out to where our boat shines again... some day!

Enjoy the boat that you've got, that's always the best... Mark
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P8290437 (2) - Copy.JPG
Views:	138
Size:	140.3 KB
ID:	21622  
Mark Johnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 11:26   #119

Boat: Custom
Mark

Is that a photo from your hiding spot when zee hag catches you?

"I get knocked down but I get up again" eventually.
Johnathon123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 13:00   #120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnathon123 View Post
Mark

Is that a photo from your hiding spot when zee hag catches you?

ROFL...... i just throw in my old age slant on things as i see they need-- mebbe a lil stimulus to let some who dont know there are folks not able to be stereotyped--LOl--many of us, actually-- but then, had you wished to find one who is like us, you had to forgo the lil bennies gained from one who listened when grandmother said" ladies DONT sail...." -i ran from that like i was on fire.
yes i can cook, clean, live a"normal" life--- but who WANTS that, really?? not those of us with independent thinking brains and lack of desire for abuse. i dont DO well at all when imprisoned in a "normal" environment.
but then , i m NOT (LOL) "normal"
i am over 40
i have sailed monohulls since i was 7 and first learned
i LOVE the looks of the old clipper ships--and mine is as close as i can get to that in modern day sailboat creation, not that mine is modern--lol--1976 aint today.
mebbe the difference is that i had great grandparents i actually met and visited with on fairly frequent basis.....ye learn the ways of the old ones-is better slant on reality than is out there now.
besides, i am over 40 now....LOL--have been for a bit of time, yet....

but i cook GOOOOOOOOD...LOL