Cruisers Forum

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 28-01-2007, 09:26   #16
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Hartley Tahitian 45ft. Leisure Lady
Easier to get into them when they are standing up for you. And besides, less "human" smells on them when fishing.

For God so loved the world..........He didn't send a committee.
Alan Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-01-2007, 13:29   #17

Boat: Lotus 10.6
You can always get another couple of days use if you turn them inside out too....
seafox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2011, 20:38   #18

Re: Sailing mates

Hi Minny,
I am touched by the sincerity and open heart you display.
I googled "a real sailmate" I found you
Me exatly the same sailing all my life but actually never been blessed with a similar minded,life loving mate.
I am retired recently from running a business and raising my Son.
Three summers now I ebeen sailng BC Coast to Alaska, just like the guys you have noticed on the docks, there are many Ladies here but just week end saling or marina hopping I would love to sail south to pacific or towards the canal if I would be fortunate have the right mate.
I will start living on my boat fom Jan ist in inn iner harbour Victoria BC Canada
Par

I live aboard my boat and enjoy taking it out day sailing. The boat is definitely capable of blue water cruising as I continue to dream about the day (still need to work a few more years, hone skills, etc). And that's my dillemma: I'm considering giving the whole thing up because sor far, this lifestyle has been very lonely.

I bought my boat about three years ago. Before that I learned how to sail. I belong to a club and have no shortage of friends who I routinely meet. But I can't seem to find anyone - a man - who is interested in committing to a relationship that includes boat ownership and cruising.

Of the men on my dock: some would call them old salts others would call them drunken has-beens. I'm not passing judgement either way. Just looking for advice as to where or how to find a sailing soulmate?

My hat's off to singlehanders - don't know how you do it.

Minny
(Buying a dog would have been a lot cheeper!)[/QUOTE]
yavrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-10-2011, 22:30   #19
Moderator and Certifiable Refitter

Boat: C.L.O.D.

Good luck yavrum, not sure if you noticed the last post here was 4.5 years ago but maybe she is still waiting!
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangereous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible. T.E. Lawrence
Wotname is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-2011, 15:02   #20

Boat: Matlack, Trawler, 48 ft

Women aboard should follow Zeehag's posts.
Old 28-10-2011, 16:37   #21

Send a message via Skype™ to Gadagirl
Re: Sailing Mates

yavrum - maybe join the SSSSM group here on CF and/or find us on FB
Gadagirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-10-2011, 16:47   #22

Boat: Ketch, Hardin 45

Hey!! I'm an Single Old Salt...
boasun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2011, 11:27   #23

Boat: Negotiating purchase of 2nd hand yacht
Send a message via Skype™ to Mexdon

Quote:
Originally Posted by boasun View Post
Hey!! I'm an Single Old Salt...
Prefer single old Malt m'self
When I was a boy my momma would send me down to the corner store with $1 and I would come back with 5 potatoes, 2 loaves of bread, 3 bottles of milk, a hunk of cheese, a box of tea and 6 eggs. Can't do that now, too many f**kn security cameras.
Mexdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-10-2011, 11:31   #24
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Island Packet 380, now sold

Haha! Good one!

Me, too! The older the better.
Old 21-11-2011, 09:39   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynx View Post
Minny - PM me, maby I can take you cruising.
Sounds like this reply comes from one of those Minny's trying to avoid.
Islenya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-11-2011, 14:28   #26

Boat: Kettenburg 1977 32 ft.

Well Minitee it could be worse. You are single and are looking for someone to sail with. I am married and my wife does not like the boat period...So I am also looking for someone to sail with. It is easer when you are single than when you are married. When I advertise on the crew list I get a lot of guys to reply but dang it I want a female mate... That complicates things. I just happen to like women. I used to belong to the Ballena Bay Yacht club and they had a wonderful program where they introduced men and women to their boats on a sail training program. That brought in new sailors and for us old men (I was single at the time) a new supply of women to help us with our boats. Now I am in Everett, WA and the weather is not condusive to new sailors. Especially the kind I would like on my boat. So if you are in a club start a share the sail program if not in a club maybe you could start one. As for me, are their any females out there looking for a platomic relationship with an older guy on a well found 32' cruiser?
1Sunseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 11:29   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Sunseeker
Well Minitee it could be worse. You are single and are looking for someone to sail with. I am married and my wife does not like the boat period...So I am also looking for someone to sail with. It is easer when you are single than when you are married. When I advertise on the crew list I get a lot of guys to reply but dang it I want a female mate... That complicates things. I just happen to like women. I used to belong to the Ballena Bay Yacht club and they had a wonderful program where they introduced men and women to their boats on a sail training program. That brought in new sailors and for us old men (I was single at the time) a new supply of women to help us with our boats. Now I am in Everett, WA and the weather is not condusive to new sailors. Especially the kind I would like on my boat. So if you are in a club start a share the sail program if not in a club maybe you could start one. As for me, are their any females out there looking for a platomic relationship with an older guy on a well found 32' cruiser?
Hmmm cruising with young women are ya? Maybe this is why your wife hates the boat! Hehe
I know I wouldn't let my husband go sailing off into the sunset with other women...I might let him be my first mate though.
bajabound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2011, 14:45   #28

Boat: Kettenburg 1977 32 ft.

I spend a lot of time in BC. False Creek and Granville Is. are my first stops to provision and hang out. The more I get up into the Islands there the more I love them. Long or short crusiers are always welcome. Those interested in the history of the Islands are especially welcome. Will probably be passing through in early May if any one is interested. 1Sunseeker@Frontier.com
1Sunseeker is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sailing