Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Cooking and Provisioning: Food & Drink
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 16-10-2017, 15:04   #16
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!
Re: What is the name of that drink that came written as "fruit punch" but it is not?

martinique Ti ponch , cane syrup or sugar lump with 1/2 glass 120 proof white rhum followed by glass ice water as chaser........
atoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2017, 16:36   #17

Boat: Passage 24/30 Cutter
Re: What is the name of that drink that came written as "fruit punch" but it is not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoll View Post
that punch sounds like what i call a "nickker remover"

,as for injuring oneself in hurghada,those russian birds can be pretty athletic.......and one always needs to be on the watch out for "galloping knob rot"when "rumpulling the ribeana" of soviet vixens
I think you mean "knicker remover" and there's a difference in the pronunciation of "Pasties, vs, pasties" it depends on putting the right emphasis on 'a' or 'ah' ... the latter is edible the former ... well, maybe ... chewable???
My lovely wife says this thread is deteriorating beyond something nautical.
Sailorbob8599 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2017, 16:56   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sailorbob8599 View Post
I think you mean "knicker remover" and there's a difference in the pronunciation of "Pasties, vs, pasties" it depends on putting the right emphasis on 'a' or 'ah' ... the latter is edible the former ... well, maybe ... chewable???
My lovely wife says this thread is deteriorating beyond something nautical.
I think Atoll is bluidy HILARIOUS! It was my bad for bringing up the pass-ties. And Hurghada is from another quite NAUTICAL thread.

However, I'm not sure that "rumpulling the ribeana" is a nautical term or not as I've not been able to find any mention of it on the internet....nor in any of my sailing books. I'm guessing it MAY be a British nautical term for doing something FUN!

So, um, .....how do you like to make YOUR tropical fruit punch?
Old 16-10-2017, 17:05   #19
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saleen411 View Post
I think Atoll is bluidy HILARIOUS! It was my bad for bringing up the pass-ties. And Hurghada is from another quite NAUTICAL thread.

However, I'm not sure that "rumpulling the ribeana" is a nautical term or not as I've not been able to find any mention of it on the internet. I'm guessing it MAY be a nautical way of doing something FUN!

So, um, .....how do you like to make YOUR tropical fruit punch?
@0.48 seconds reference to Rumpling The Ribena

atoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2017, 21:05   #20

Boat: Freedom 38

gamayun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-10-2017, 22:33   #21

Boat: Currently Shopping, & Heavily in LUST!

Other than the eating (food comments), & drinking, I'm severly confused. Could you guys speak English (American Style) Please! This is giving me more of a headache than all of the rum drinks in this thread combined; and that's a lotta' rum!

The Uncommon Thing, The Hard Thing, The Important Thing (in Life): Making Promises to Yourself, And Keeping Them.
UNCIVILIZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-10-2017, 02:23   #22

Boat: Hinterhoeller Niagara 35

We hauled our boat yesterday for the winter and our thoughts as always have turned to points south. An essential part to any visit to those lovely islands is what my dear Barbara and I call fruity rum drinks. Essential ingredients: blender, tropical fruit juice what-have-you, ice, rum. Don't worry about the details.

As to the pastie:

This is the national dish of Michigan's Upper Peninsula brought to that remote, beautiful, sea-girt (no salt) and forgotten (thankfully) land by Cornish hard-rock miners 150 years ago. Discussions of the most authentic recipe will usually lead to a family fight, so unless you are a Yooper, you will need to travel yourself to the rock-bound coast of Gitche Gumme, the big sea water for a taste of the real thing.

Boatwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 05:43   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by bvisailing32 View Post
Way to much work and science for this ol skipper.

We keep in simple....on board or at home, or at a beach bar.

1. Glass
2. Fill with Ice
3. Pour in Dark Rum .....( bottle is spiked with one small bottle of vanilla extract ),
4. Leave a little room for a splash of water
5. Illuminate the party light.

Erica keeps it simples as well

1. Glass fill with ice
2 Nix in some frozen LIME JUICE. Stir it up little darling .
3. Add a shot or two of barcardi rum.
4. If room, add a little more water, and a little more stiring
6. Crank on the Caribbean, Hawaiian, or Tahitian Music.

Don’t spike it with vanilla extract. If you want the real deal, drop a couple of vanilla pods in the bottle. The flavors in the vanilla pods are alcohol soluable and flavor the rum excellently.[emoji106]
mohanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 10:39   #24

Boat: Prairie 36 Coastal Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by UNCIVILIZED View Post
Other than the eating (food comments), & drinking, I'm severly confused. Could you guys speak English (American Style) Please! This is giving me more of a headache than all of the rum drinks in this thread combined; and that's a lotta' rum!
I suspect the rum may be contributing to the problem.

Let a US Yankee give it a try. Not sure about the French, but the French Canadians are famous around here for, shall we say, packing very lightly for their beach vacations. And there are times when that can be visually appealing. But let's face it, not always. Guys, just say "no" to thongs. And ladies, some things are better left to the imagination.

Am I even close to being correct?
CaptTom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 11:05   #25
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

"Fruit punch" will vary by the locale, the season, the vendor.
You might as well ask "What's in sausage?"

Experimenting should keep you busily amused for the next few years.
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 13:00   #26

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop

Hellosailor: boy, you got that right! Except, maybe, about sausage.....maybe you shouldn't ask!

Yes, drinks involving fresh fruit are extremely refreshing, the riper, the better.

Ann
Old 07-01-2018, 13:42   #27

Boat: None,build the one shown of glass, had many from 6' to 48'.

Are we discussing vino? It's fruit punch.
Cadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 14:27   #28

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: FP Belize Maestro 43 and OPBs

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPA Cate View Post
Hellosailor: boy, you got that right! Except, maybe, about sausage.....maybe you shouldn't ask!
I like Anthony Bourdain's expression "mystery tube meat"
StuM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 14:47   #29
֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎֍֎

Ann-
The first time I was told to "make the punch" was at a Halloween party. So, one block of dry ice, because, you know, you wouldn't want to water it down with plain ice. One half gallon of lime sherbet, I think it was, one big can of Hawaiian Punch of something like that to give it some fruit flavor. And...five bottles of booze. I remember one was rum, one was vodka, I have no idea what the others were. So that's five fifths, one block of sherbet, one can of punch, all in a big self-help bowl.

So help me, we found SHOE PRINTS on the kitchen ceiling, around the punch bowl, the next day. Oh, and the punch disappeared very quickly that night.

These days, I prefer something simple where the choice is "rocks?" and I leave margueritas and the like as something for someone else to make for me, when I'm out.

Sometimes, it doesn't pay to enquire too deeply as to what's in your dinner.(G)
hellosailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 03:29   #30
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, mohanna.

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote