Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 05-07-2007, 23:42   #31

Boat: Lotus 10.6
Quote:
Life is a terminal condition for everyone. It's just that some people already know their final diagnosis, and everyone else is waiting to find out. Your final diagnosis isn't that important. What is important is that you are working on your dreams. You must live as if your dreams are possible and work each day to may them happen.
Hi Dave (Exit Only Dave)

I always say to my friends when we are on the yacht, "we are all in the same line, we don't know where we are in the line but we are all queing for the same thing."

Your photos on your website are awesome by the way.
seafox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 06:41   #32

Boat: Privilege 39 Catamaran, Exit Only
Hi Seafox,

Your line anology is very apt and is a good reminder that long term plans are a trip to fantasy land. We don't know where we are standing in that line, but it really doesn't matter as long as we are living our dreams and making every day count.

After the Mack Truck of Life ran over me in New Zealand and I had my near death experience, my long term plans instantly evaporated. Now my plans are firmly set in jello, my life is more spontaneous, and where I end up sometimes even surprises me. My plans are measured more in days and weeks, rather than months or years into the future. Now, the journey has become the destination, and living in the moment feels good.

That's one of the great things about cruising. You live in the moment and each day is as special as you make it. From sunrise to sunset, each day is a new life, a new destination, and a new adventure. After an awesome day, you have a restful night in your chosen patch of paradise. And then the next day, you get to do it again. A new life, a new destination, and a new adventure. It's much easier to forget about your place in line when you experience the real rhythm of life as you sail on the ocean of your dreams.

Cheers,
maxingout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 14:13   #33

Boat: Lotus 10.6
Just recently a 39 year old man we know was diagnosed with non hogkinsons lymp cancer. He had long term plans and was working to those plans as if he was immortal. He now has a date. Like you said earlier, it is better to not know and enjoy the time you have now.
Last year another 49 year old relative of a friend died 6 months after finding out he had cancer.
And last week a friend of my wife (49) died of cancer.

Most of us march along each day, doing the same old things, putting aside in our minds what we really want to do.........but really just getting closer to the start of the line.

Life is for living and you certainly ooze that principle. Love your website. Very inspiring.
seafox is offline   Reply With Quote