Cruisers Forum
 


Join CruisersForum Today

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 25-06-2019, 06:48   #1
Registered User

Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Alabama
Boat: Tartan, 30
Posts: 11
Hey ya'll from LA "Lower Alabama"

Ahoy! Just a young man from Alabama learning to sail! pleasure to meet you all.
__________________

caiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2019, 06:55   #2
Senior Cruiser
 
GordMay's Avatar

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Thunder Bay, Ontario - 48-29N x 89-20W
Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Posts: 35,660
Images: 241
Re: Hey ya'll from LA "Lower Alabama"

Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, caiderman.
__________________

__________________
Gord May
"If you didn't have the time or money to do it right in the first place, when will you get the time/$ to fix it?"



GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2019, 07:38   #3
Registered User
 
Capt. Steve1's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 45
Re: Hey ya'll from LA "Lower Alabama"

Quote:
Originally Posted by caiderman View Post
Ahoy! Just a young man from Alabama learning to sail! pleasure to meet you all.
hello you are cruising in my area ft.morgan to destin
have fun and be safe.

are you for alabama or those other guy's?
__________________
1977 StarCraft 22' Chieftain pocket cruiser conv. enclosed Pilot house/ repower inboard OB conv to OB 2004 OMC carbed 2 stroke 175HP prop.14.25X21 top speed 52Knt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAG42c8x5GY
Capt. Steve1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2019, 08:03   #4
Registered User

Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Alabama
Boat: Tartan, 30
Posts: 11
Re: Hey ya'll from LA "Lower Alabama"

Quote:
Originally Posted by GordMay View Post
Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, caiderman.

Many thanks GordMay!
caiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2019, 08:06   #5
Registered User

Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Alabama
Boat: Tartan, 30
Posts: 11
Re: Hey ya'll from LA "Lower Alabama"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Steve1 View Post
hello you are cruising in my area ft.morgan to destin
have fun and be safe.

are you for alabama or those other guy's?

Hey Capt. Steve, may or may not have run a ground over by Ft Morgan once or twice but lets keep that between us.


Oh and to answer your question: Roll Tide!
caiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2019, 08:48   #6
Registered User

Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: W Carib
Boat: Wildcat 35, Hobie 33
Posts: 11,047
Re: Hey ya'll from LA "Lower Alabama"

Welcome Aboard! Ive spent a lot of time in Mobile Bay + Gulf Shores + Mississippi Sound + N FL. A great cruising area IMHO. Enjoy!
belizesailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2019, 08:54   #7
Registered User
 
Capt. Steve1's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2017
Posts: 45
Re: Hey ya'll from LA "Lower Alabama"

excellent Roll tide my red carpets have big A's. not that there's anything wrong w/ those other Guy's they did get the raw end last year (except when they play BAMA) I really like the Ft.morgan area still learning the anchorage spots. have gotton a few tips from these good folks here it is easy to hit bottom near the launch where the locals have crab traps so be carefull and have that dept. finder on.

I'm usually in Ft.walton/destin post a image of you're vessel when I see you I call or wave.
currently planning the next expedition before they close red snapper season early however it's kindof hot right now. Capt. Steve
__________________
1977 StarCraft 22' Chieftain pocket cruiser conv. enclosed Pilot house/ repower inboard OB conv to OB 2004 OMC carbed 2 stroke 175HP prop.14.25X21 top speed 52Knt.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nAG42c8x5GY
Capt. Steve1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 12:27   #8
Registered User

Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Alabama
Boat: Tartan, 30
Posts: 11
Re: Hey ya'll from LA "Lower Alabama"

Quote:
Originally Posted by belizesailor View Post
Welcome Aboard! Ive spent a lot of time in Mobile Bay + Gulf Shores + Mississippi Sound + N FL. A great cruising area IMHO. Enjoy!

Belize, agreed I am truly blessed to be in such an amazing area!
Thanks for the warm welcome.
caiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2019, 12:30   #9
Registered User

Join Date: Jun 2019
Location: Alabama
Boat: Tartan, 30
Posts: 11
Re: Hey ya'll from LA "Lower Alabama"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Steve1 View Post
excellent Roll tide my red carpets have big A's. not that there's anything wrong w/ those other Guy's they did get the raw end last year (except when they play BAMA) I really like the Ft.morgan area still learning the anchorage spots. have gotton a few tips from these good folks here it is easy to hit bottom near the launch where the locals have crab traps so be carefull and have that dept. finder on.

I'm usually in Ft.walton/destin post a image of you're vessel when I see you I call or wave.
currently planning the next expedition before they close red snapper season early however it's kindof hot right now. Capt. Steve

Roll Tide my brotha.
Will do on the shallows and crap traps, thanks for the advice.

I will most certainly try and get a picture up soon.
Thanks for the kinds words.
Fair winds and following seas.
__________________

caiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
alabama

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hey, Hey From Tampa Bay! Buckybazoo Meets & Greets 2 14-03-2018 05:01
Hey hey! NeoEmmons Meets & Greets 12 18-04-2017 09:26
Lower Unit "Growths" HeadingUnknown Powered Boats 11 26-07-2016 05:26
"Sneak aboard" moorage in Vancouver/Lower Mainland? Carogan Liveaboard's Forum 2 18-10-2012 12:18
Hey hey hey The Good Life Meets & Greets 3 08-06-2012 11:07



Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:26.


Google+
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Social Knowledge Networks
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.

ShowCase vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.