Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Welcome Aboard > Meets & Greets
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 11-06-2010, 11:17   #1

pirate Hello - I've Just Joined ( 11 June 2010 )

Hi

I have a Sunspeed 19 Cruiser and have been working on it this year as no time last year. The rear cockpit was water damaged in the Tewkesbury 2007 floods - stern pole had no sliding ring so took on a lot! Engine submerged (4 stroke 10hp Honda and very old but was persuaded to start with ethynal spray stuff - my, you can get high on that!) Sold the engine and now have a 25hp Mariner (Yamaha 2stroke). My boat is in dry dock near home in a caravan park and at £5.00 per week this is good!

The boat was a lichen covered gift when a work colleague emigrated to the US and gave her to me. Sadly, she (the colleague) is back with the family after less than a year with her husband being made redundant out there! I enjoyed a year on the river Avon and Severn coming down from Sharpness Docks over three weeks in between flood waters.

Q: I now want to register this vessel in Denmark - living in the UK - as I was born there but now naturalised British and married to an Englishman.
Any advice most welcome.

I also sail (yup - with the windbags!) via the Sea Cadet Corps on Tradwinds 35' and love it! and instruct in Chartwork and navigation. I look after the offshore bookings for my Unit in Tewkesbury. Gained RYA Day Skipper last year and now working to Coastal and YM when time and money allows although it is much cheaper through the Corps. I also have RYA Powerboat II & Safety Boat and now going for VHF when it comes on course; good for river stuff and offshore when with cadets!

I'm a theatre nurse in the local PCT.

Any advice on getting my boat registered in Denmark is most welcome and a new name for it too. ?The Eccentric Dane? She's currently 'Puddleduck' but there is another of the same name uugh! I like individuality.
Cheers Maz
Marianne C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 09:43   #2

Boat: FPD 1760 LCD 17"screen
Greetings to Merry Old England and welcome to the forum. I am a newbie here so don't know the answer to your question, but I will try to think of a name for ya .
Adax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 12:27   #3
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianne C View Post
... She's currently 'Puddleduck' but there is another of the same name uugh! I like individuality.
Cheers Maz
Greetings and welcome aboard the CF, Marianne.

The "Puddle Duck Racer" (PDRacer.com) is a one design racing sailboat that is basically a plywood box with a curved bottom, and is the easiest boat in the world to build. Free plans, free club, all boats must have have the lower 10" of their hulls be alike, but the rest is up to the builder. You can put any type of sail rig or underwater fins that you wish. Also the interior and deck above 10" is completely up to you.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Puddle Duck Racer - PD.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	16975  

GordMay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2010, 18:11   #4

Boat: 15 foot Canoe
Aloha and welcome aboard!
Good to have you here. I can't answer your question but mayber there are others here who can.
regards,