Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 29-01-2011, 14:33   #181

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lippincott 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saucy Sailoress View Post
So anyway.... back to the younger model thing we had going on in this thread....

Advantages:

1 - We're better looking
2 - We have more stamina
3 - We're more fun (I guess at least till your next batch of kids come along.....)
1- Really? That is NOT always the case... depends on your diet, exercise regime, did you smoke and did you spend too much time in the sun without sunscreen. I know many late 50 year olds that look much more stunning then some early 40 year olds. Your just promoting a stereotype

2- Ya think? I disagree... I remember a relationship I had with one that was 3 years older then me and compare it to one that was 16 years younger... I'd go back to the 3 year older one in a heart beat if she didn't move 3000 miles away. Another stereotype.

3-I don't have a relationship with those that are capable of child bearing. I am way past that, it's my kids turn now.

So, yeah, some younger stuff may be good for deck fluff, but give a more mature woman that has taken care of herself is my preference.

I already know what she looks like when she gets "old".
avb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 16:03   #182

Quote:
Originally Posted by atoll View Post
AAAAAHHHHHH LOVE ON THE NET,who needs marrige counseling,or dating sites when you got..........CRUISERS FORUM................
you're right there !!!..just joined a dating site and i can tell you there isn't much joking around !!!...the young and old debate is also curious to observe on these sites...maybe we should start a new thread on the desperation and the disproportionate expectations of the majority ... and i'm not refering to the young lookers...the "old " ones remind me of my grand mother,they all have fantastic personal profiles,and they will not contact anyone that doesn't look like brad pitt-but taller-or kevin kosner-but younger!!!...of course.one should possess basic skills and talents;gsoh,know how to treat a lady (?),financially secure,good listener,romantic (!),non-smoker(i am,i am !...),non-drinker,independent,and the list goes on...,and all this ,wait for it...to enhance HER LIFE !!!?...
...i think the debate about young or old is down to attitudes...of course a good looker with the right attitude is better than a witch selling poisoned apples !...
could i get an "old good looking"from this forum ?
iciela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 16:22   #183

Boat: 1970 23' O'day pop-top
Quote:
Originally Posted by iciela View Post
brad pitt-but taller-or kevin kosner-but younger!!!...,know how to treat a lady (?),financially secure,good listener,romantic non-smoker non-drinker,independent,and the list goes on to enhance HER LIFE !!!?...could i get an "old good looking"from this forum ?
Not now.
kenny chaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 16:22   #184
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!
pirate just live and be

Quote:
Originally Posted by iciela View Post
you're right there !!!..just joined a dating site and i can tell you there isn't much joking around !!!...the young and old debate is also curious to observe on these sites...maybe we should start a new thread on the desperation and the disproportionate expectations of the majority ... and i'm not refering to the young lookers...the "old " ones remind me of my grand mother,they all have fantastic personal profiles,and they will not contact anyone that doesn't look like brad pitt-but taller-or kevin kosner-but younger!!!...of course.one should possess basic skills and talents;gsoh,know how to treat a lady (?),financially secure,good listener,romantic (!),non-smoker(i am,i am !...),non-drinker,independent,and the list goes on...,and all this ,wait for it...to enhance HER LIFE !!!?...
...i think the debate about young or old is down to attitudes...of course a good looker with the right attitude is better than a witch selling poisoned apples !...
could i get an "old good looking"from this forum ?
life is complicated enough without adding further complications
some times you you gotta go with what you got,you never know whats down the road .

expectations generally confuse any issue but...........i'm a( pirate,) or as iv'e been accused of being
atoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 16:25   #185
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Being in a relationship with more than one person at a time is very time consuming and can at times be very difficult, I would imagine-- the 2 other partners being resentful at you at times-and then how close will you really get with either of them- is it really worth it?
I think after much reflection what guy who wants multiple female crew (NOT ME of course dearest) would be 3 women that um ah how to put it a shall we say like him but a uh ahem like each other too. everyone always has a bunkie and everyone gets some variety in his/her life and time on watch would be most reasonable. makes for keeping a proper lookout! see it's a safety enhancement. like having multiple EPIRBs
Noname1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 16:28   #186

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Lippincott 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldsusa View Post
...3 women that um ah how to put it a shall we say like him but a uh ahem like each other too. everyone always has a bunkie and everyone gets some variety in his/her life ...
Methinks a fantasea has erupted
avb3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 16:50   #187
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: 63 custom alloy sloop,macwester26,prout snowgoose 37 elite catamaran!
safety in numbers..........
atoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 17:35   #188

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenny chaos View Post
Not now.
shoot !!!...i blew it again...
iciela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 20:36   #189
cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
So, yeah, some younger stuff may be good for deck fluff.

gotta love the fluffers...there is not such thinga as bad jobs everybody is good at something...
Bergovoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 20:39   #190
cruiser

i read a story about a small business startup in florida for car wash.. and the employees were all hot topless girls.../ women, sorry...

how about getting a hull cleaning crew that is topless...

hmm, not quite the same affect, sorry...
Old 29-01-2011, 20:52   #191
Senior Cruiser

Community Sponsor
Cruisers Forum Supporter

pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadagirl View Post
I could share some awful tales of my own life and love gone bad. But I won't, because I refuse to dwell there. I've pulled up anchor from those places. I have realized how my own mistakes led me to them, and foolishly repeated them before having learned the lessons. Then finally experiencing a moment of reckoning. I took responsibility for my choices, I have only myself to blame for my choices. I've put them to rest, forgave myself first, and then others, and I made the choice to move forward. There are just as many, if not more, fond memories to dwell upon

Would I trade my history? I'm tempted to say that yes I'd rather had been wiser sooner. But without that history I'd be very vanilla and not quite the person I've become. I love the person I've become.

I say to each their own and live and let be. We all have our own choices to make and should know what's in our own best interest and in the best interest of the ones we love and care for.

Take life's hardships as you would a passing storm and then turn your face toward the sun once it's past. Because resentment, bitterness, distrust and lack of faith is very unattractive on any ones soul. It's not a recipe for a happy and successful life either.

Atoll all the best to you and yours.
Only way to go Gal..... no one wants other peoples 'Baggage'.... its just kills everything.... Keep Gadding...

You can't beat a people up (for 75yrs+) and have them say..
"I Love You.. ". Murray Roman.
Yet the 'useful idiots' of the West still dance to the beat of the apartheid drums.
boatman61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 21:06   #192
cruiser

not that i believe i make the same mistakes, but, i tend to be drawn to the wrong girls/women... I tend to be drawn towards teh friends... and end up in the same place over and over again...

oh well... just gotta accept and recognize things for what they are...
Old 29-01-2011, 22:07   #193
C.L.O.D

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flysci View Post
Oh Saucy,

What a traitor to you sex! LOL.
Margo
ROFL!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
Your just promoting a stereotype
I'm glad you understand. So often I am misunderstood........

So anyway..... back to the advantages (so we can help OP sort his dilemma)....

4 - We aren't as set in our ways.
5 - We don't constantly nag. Don't have to, 'cos we'll just leave and find a younger man if you don't do what you're told.
6 - We have more earning potential.

PS - Not that any of you are judging, but I met my current husband 11 years ago, 4 years after his divorce.... So it wasn't my fault!
SaucySailoress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-01-2011, 22:36   #194

Send a message via Yahoo to joey69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergovoy View Post
i read a story about a small business startup in florida for car wash.. and the employees were all hot topless girls.../ women, sorry...

rigging crew is better.
joey69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-01-2011, 13:40   #195

Boat: No boat, looking again.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergovoy View Post

You are right, not quite the same effect: you would need to be in the water to even see them, and the diving mask would keep fogging up.
troppo is offline   Reply With Quote