Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 16:36   #16

Boat: PDQ 36
Re: The People You Meet

Please stay tuned for a rare apology:

I apologize to all the people who don't want to go back in this thread and find out what I'm referring to because I'm to lazy to take the time to figure out how to do it right this very second and I want you to read the whole thread anyway.

DonL and DOJ: Absolutely hilarious! But I am compelled to apologize, yet again(an extremely rare occurrence I assure you), to all the brokers out there. My new buddies, DonL and DOJ, meant no harm. I honestly feel like I baited them into doing something they may not have done intentionally otherwise. Soldiers, like me, have also been the subject of others' ridicule and hilarity. Thanks goodness it is not as popular as it once was. Teachers too! "Those who can't do, teach!" Really? Human Resource Manager: "It says here you've got a Bachelors and a Masters...good...good...six months working for free as an apprentice teacher with an expert teacher...good...good...okay, you're going to teach high school algebra to kids who can't add or subtract (really just adding negative numbers) and we're going to pay you $37,410 a year." Some of you are probably saying, "Wow, that's great!" That may be because you didn't do well in math class. So, brokers, I understand your pain, a little.

Zee, the one thing Chester is good at is eating. Put something down for him and he'll shovel it into his gullet. He would look like Jabba the Hut if we didn't carefully ration his diet.

Micah, Thank you for being honest with me. I'm sorry, but I can not divulge the location of my beverage cache. Nothing personal. I am, at this very moment, enjoying a tasty little stout from the St Arnolds brewery. It is brewed right here in the Great State of Texas...har-rumph..har-rumph (p.s. I got the air = fluid thing right off but since many of the people on this forum, including the owner, are indeed Americans, I felt it was prudent to not cause them to have brain embolisms. We should just stick to guns, anchors, and upside-down catamarans. That is what they know best. Oh, and American Idol. )
NautiBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:55   #17
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41

rodlmao....

bubba is still scratching his head as he knoweth not of jabba da hut..he thinks is a place to sleep for a night of camping or something....when i laughed at him he went back to stuffing his face...

donot know from catamarans, but there are many ready to cruise boats out there---just have to find the place they sank for the visit to them.....
zeehag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:09   #18
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: (Cruiser Living On Dirt)

Greetings and (belated) welcome aboard the CF, NautiBits.

GordMay is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 06:26   #19

Good Morning Zee n Bubba

It doesn't sound like Bubba gets out much. You need to share your laptop with him. I could load up a vid from the ginormous internet, but I want Therapy to get better at using his new wireless-teletype-writing-telectroescopíc-information-dispensing device (aka laptop) before he tosses all those bits and bytes back into the ocean from whence they came. Just use you Googly thang and summon images of that deep-space rap star from the planet Tatooine.

Gord!!

I am now truly welcome!! I was worried about you man! I thought you had a valve wired into the internet that dispenses kickapoo joy juice into your IV to alert you to new people posting on the CF. I did notice a slight lull in response time during the raid on Abbottabad, which explains everything. Tell the boys at the Crystal Palace that Apache Green 7 says howdy.

Peace out!
Old 02-03-2013, 07:27   #20

Boat: Pearson 34-II

At first, I thought I was reading a chapter from James Joyce's "Ulysses. And then, perhaps a recently discovered unpublished novel of Robbe Grillet. Or even, perhaps, just the ramblings of a serious man who is slightly off center. I think we need more of this on Cruiserforum. Good luck and good sailing.
rognvald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 07:32   #21
Marine Service Provider

Boat: Benford 38 Fantail Cruiser

I thought Satan was a powerboat guy
Old 02-03-2013, 07:37   #22

Boat: It’s in French Polynesia now

Quote:
Originally Posted by boatpoker View Post
I thought Satan was a powerboat guy
Close! He's a jet skier.
Old 02-03-2013, 08:01   #23

Boat: Nonsuch 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Old_Jersey View Post
Cricket was invented simply to annoy the Americans!

5 days for a test (internationals) - and sometimes after day 3 you know it will end in a draw......or that the Series was lost before you start the game. and sometimes the Series is an even number of games!.........."play up, play up and play the game".

Anyway, welcome to CF!
Cricket was invented before there were Americans so either the Brits are incredible planners or something else was happening. We have spent so long in Oz, NZ, and South Africa in the last few years that I think I understand cricket now. South Africa seems to have 23 sports channels so when you go into a restaurant or pub there will always be cricket (Sri Lanka vs India), rugby (All Blacks beating the snot out of someone), or soccer (Orlando Chiefs (not that Orlando) vs someone).

Best sports discovery of our cruising by far, Aussie rules football. Each year there is one major league game held in Darwin and we went to see. Great non-stop action and tremendous athleticism. Didn't have a clue what was happening for the first quarter but gradually figured it out with help from our neighbours. There were about 500 US Marines at the game who were training in the area. Wonder what they thought of it all?
Old 02-03-2013, 09:05   #24

Rognvald:

That name sounds like some majestic Norse super-chieftain that Wagner would honor with one of his six hour pieces. I'm not going to google it for a while though. I'll just let the imagination run wild for a minute. Oh yeah, just, loving, and mercilessness vicious in battle! My kind of guy(gal)! Thanks (I think) for the allusion to Joyce. In my Freshman year English class, the professor accused me of plagiarism(Therapy, I initially misspelled and 'paganism' was the suggested correct spelling, so it is prudent to be careful with spellcheck--trust but verify, my friend). As we all know, people tend to disbelieve what they don't understand. Thusly, my freshly minted English professor may have mused that this raggedy Brooklyn mutt, who could barely speak discernible English, could not have possibly rendered the submitted tome without borrowing heavily from the text without citing the esteemed author. As I had not finished reading "A Portrait of the Artist as a Young Man," by James Joyce, I could not imagine what he thought he had found. I did contest his allegation and was exonerated by the wise, old real English professors. Then I was offered a place on the newspaper staff. Stream of consciousness is my friend. I also enjoyed the rants and soliloquy of Ayn Rand. Yep, I read this stuff in a tank on the East German border too. And Guderian.
Old 02-03-2013, 09:07   #25
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AiniA View Post
... There were about 500 US Marines at the game who were training in the area. Wonder what they thought of it all?
That it resembled day 2 at Parris Island.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:09   #26
Senior Cruiser

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NautiBits View Post
... As we all know, people tend to disbelieve what they don't understand. Thusly, my freshly minted English professor may have mused that this raggedy Brooklyn mutt, who could barely speak discernible English ....
I don't believe it.

Old 02-03-2013, 09:17   #27

BoatPoker:

The Big S (I'm told I should not speak the name of the Beast with two backs...whoops, wait a minute, wrong beast) may indeed be a stinkpot driver also. I would if I were him, which I'm NOT! He probably is a catamaran guy when a half-boater sidles up next to him/her at the bar. BTW, you're 'Survey 101' site gave me the ammo to be dangerous with my 'Stress cracks' posts all over the web. Once I get the phenolic hammer, I'm going to be every broker's and owner's nightmare. "thump-thump-thump...Yep, that's another $5000!! Oh, and here's another! thump-thump-thump...ka-ching!"
Old 02-03-2013, 10:33   #28

Boat: Catalina 30

I'm...trying...to follow...

...trying...I...give up...
jongleur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 10:54   #29
CLOD

Boat: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by NautiBits View Post
The Big S (I'm told I should not speak the name of the Beast with two backs...whoops, wait a minute, wrong beast) may indeed be a stinkpot driver also. I would if I were him, which I'm NOT! He probably is a catamaran guy ..............!"
probably a power cat with 3 wind generators, a 10 lb CQR, a broken wind vane, no holding tank, a standby diesel generator mounted on the deck, enough guns to of course win any war, 666 copies of different boat documents and IDs, drugs for any need, lots of rum, a boat babe for any occasion and want, a boat boy for the same use (really is the same "person" as the boat babe), and 2 whale gutting bays
Old 02-03-2013, 10:56   #30

Boat: Ericson, 28+
Send a message via Skype™ to Gelfling

Bravo SIR! And welcome!

It appears we have an American Texan version of DOJ on the forum now. OUTSTANDING!

If there is ever a subject that the two of you disagree on in a thread......that thread will be EPIC!
Gelfling is offline   Reply With Quote