Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Scuttlebutt > Flotsam & Sailing Miscellany
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 04-08-2010, 21:40   #766

Boat: Tartan 34C
That all ya got?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadagirl View Post
Was that a dare? Are you calling me out? Come ride with me on I 95 in the NE, in a small car. I'll take 6-8' seas any day over that.
I've driven I-95 north in rain and snow, on every major holiday weekend, and trophied every time. I used to race cars. No problemo.

If you've ever had the "pleasure" of changing head sails in fast 6 - 8's with about 25 kt, on a <30' boat, you might agree that everyone gets real generous with sharing boat chores - "No, really, babe, it's OK, I'll let you trade the genny for the mini."

Bored and pouty? I think not. Pissed and pouty? Maybe.

John
Old 04-08-2010, 22:21   #767

Send a message via AIM to iwsteel
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadagirl View Post
19 years of setting the berth on fire? Yeah I can understand reluctance in letting that go.
house berth...eh
yeah musta been really good sex to put up with all that..

the moral of the story is....i stuck to my vow

a dealbreaker.....hmmmmm. still thinking
Old 04-08-2010, 22:26   #768

Boat: 44 M/Y gulfstar
Come sail with me ladies in oct so much fun to be had
Old 05-08-2010, 06:09   #769

Boat: SJ23 1988
I'm sorry, but how can one think that being on a boat with someone... means that they do "Nothing"....??? And that's supposed to be...."Fun"....???

Totaly absurd! Thats like wanting to have a dead fish in bed.... I'm sorry that's just so wrong in so many ways.

Ok, the equation may not be 50/50%, it all depends on ability and learning curve, but even the smalest people can use the various tools on a boat to aid in the tasks at hand. They just need to know "the How and why" of it. Some practice and bingo!! Learn't duty and a better boat'sman/woman is born.

Now if that's all they want to do... is Lay arround.... well I'm not into that whole co-mingling... thing. So best not start anything with that kind of fish. I'm no servant, but willing to be an occasional slave.

Cheers and glad to see this thread back to it's old self!
Old 05-08-2010, 06:28   #770

Boat: private yacht always moving
Quote:
Originally Posted by FxdGrMind View Post

Now if that's all they want to do... is Lay arround.... well I'm not into that whole co-mingling... thing. So best not start anything with that kind of fish. I'm no servant, but willing to be an occasional slave.

Cheers and glad to see this thread back to it's old self!
What else is there to do when you run out of wind in the south pacific,,,, The slave thing has lots of possibilities
Old 05-08-2010, 08:26   #771

Quote:
Originally Posted by captainKJ View Post
What else is there to do when you run out of wind in the south pacific,,,, The slave thing has lots of possibilities

Running out of "Wind", just means that you have to take a breather and then when rested, start up all over again.
Old 05-08-2010, 08:29   #772

Boat: private yacht always moving
Quote:
Running out of "Wind", just means that you have to take a breather and then when rested, start up all over again.
With the new modern medication available you do not have to wait till you are fully rested, startup time is much faster

Old 05-08-2010, 10:07   #773
CF Adviser

Boat: Van Helleman Schooner 65ft StarGazer
We ask ourselves what we “want” in a relationship, but we never brutally ask…… what is it that we really “need” in a relationship?

When I was about 15….. I read “The Flounder” by Günter Grass:

Review of The Flounder by Gunter Grass - Louis Hemmi

Its beginning premise was .. in ancient time’s women actually ruled the world because they had 3 Breasts, freely shared to all males.

• One to suckle the Child
  • One for the Husband….. and
  • One to comfort the aging Father.

….and the world was a happy place…! Then the middle breast disappeared and the world turned into chaos where frustrated men ruled and the women’s role became confused.

So you can imagine how confusing my teenage fumbling with girlfriend relationships seemed and I believe we go thru life still looking for that extra breast.

When Anjou brought up that newspaper article about women changing their sexuality, my first fantasy thought was……Great! I can find two women who love each other and if they can tolerate me…there will be no shortage of breasts…. (lol)

Seriously the next Gadagirl tough question is…:

What do you need from a relationship and do you think it can be provided by only one person?....
Old 05-08-2010, 10:07   #774
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
lol.

deal breaker---lemme see....

smoke inside boat cabin house.
not do anything
mean to kat and/or me
no communication
attitude wrong
dishonesty and drugs--kinda go hand in hand...
dishonesty without drugs--yes it happens..
wants to use webcam for not just viewing faces
bad pick up lines
cannot pick up lines
you guys already said most everything except the if your gut says n and the brain says something else and there is a physical argument inside ye ---lol--aint happening

too much sex on brain and not enough "in bed"

if his immaculate navigation turns us back to where we started--definitely GONE

lol the last comment---

What do you need from a relationship and do you think it can be provided by only one person?....

do you really believe only one person CAN fulfill another's expectations and dreams??

sometimes i have found that 3 guys is about right--one for friendship, one for cuddles and luvin and one for fixing stuff around the house ....
now--dontbash me--i have heard this from others as well--so i know i am not5 alone nor ami deluded...some folks arent able to provide the total package for whatever reason--not gender specific, this, so dont think i am bashing men.
just seems that after so many abuses, folks centralize and dont come back out easily. is much more difficult to trust and much more difficult to give so much --especially if there is any doubt about the other being responsive and reliable and mutual.
Old 05-08-2010, 10:38   #775
Armchair Bucketeer

What I need from a (permanent) relationship is to be needed. and to need them. Pretty much everything else is negotiable as part of the whole package - albeit in practice some things that could get brought to the table I will only need like........a hole in the head

In my case, by definition, the odds are that will involve a(nother) strange 'un Not entirely sure I will ever have the energy again for that road, but I like to think that I have at least one last hurrah! of complete insanity in me - and if those adventures do at some point involve a woman along the way then all the better in my book .........even if never turns into another keeper
Old 05-08-2010, 10:45   #776
cat herder, extreme blacksheep

Boat: 1976 FORMOSA yankee clipper 41
david---needed is good, but WANTED is a better basis for a relationship---we all NEED but too needy is a turnoff--lol--i want to have someone i can love, work with, explore with--not just the scenery. just old enough and just active enough-not tooo much--i AM old, after all...but doesnt stand int he way of good time with someone who is attractive to me...
Old 05-08-2010, 11:00   #777

Boat: 82 Present, 13 ft dinghy
my oh my

Aren't we deep today. Great stuff.

Now here is the question to you ladies. How many of you have ever been lied to by a man? I am guessing very few, but what do I know?
Old 05-08-2010, 11:16   #778
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeehag View Post
--- too needy is a turnoff--
agreed

but just because you need someone doesn't mean you / them have to be insecure or a PITA about it

Wanting is also nice
Old 05-08-2010, 11:34   #779

Wanting is also nice

+1.

There is a difference as described in prior posts. Want and need:
Want is something that is hopefully mutual, it balances out, you don't always "Must" have, but you "Want" to have.
Need is something entirely different, it denotes more than just Want, it denotes "Dependancy" and that is the turn off for most.

I think that thouse of us out here that have made it this far along are very independent, self sufficient, like our own company, we can fend for ourselves, yet if we are looking here, we "Want" that little extra that another "Want" can provide and we can support with equal "Want". It's that balanced "Want" that is the difficult thing for us to find.

Old 05-08-2010, 11:59   #780
Armchair Bucketeer

Quote:
There is a difference as described in prior posts. Want and need:
Want is something that is hopefully mutual, it balances out, you don't always "Must" have, but you "Want" to have.

Need is something entirely different, it denotes more than just Want, it denotes "Dependancy" and that is the turn off for most.
Mmmmmm...........

I can see how someone being needy is a turn off - but needing someone (when it's mutual) to me is a good thing. How you express / deal with that is a different matter (and open for one side to abuse or to be a PITA about ).

I want a go on Pamela Anderson. but I don't need to IMO yer don't marry only want..........

...........now my head hurts
Closed Thread

Tags
cruising companion, love, single, soul mate