Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 02:06   #1

Boat: Deja Vu - Catalina 36 MK I
Orlando Weather in January?

I know this isn't the Weather Channel, but there are alot of Floridians here and I was catching up on posts and, well.......I'm lazy. My son goes to Ohio State and has a part-time job flying around the country refereeing video gaming tournaments for MLG (Major League Gaming). Think Halo, Call of Duty, etc.. Anyway, he just found out that he'll be flying to a tournament in Orlando January 8-10th. I thought of flying out to see him and maybe take a week exploring the Florida coast, drive down to the Keys and such. Is this a nice time of year in Florida? I've never been and don't have a clue. Thanks for any replies,

Mike
MikeinLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 03:14   #2
Ram

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cat in the med & Trawler in Florida
Its hard to guess the weather in advance could be 75* or it could be 18* Ive seen both around that time of year, each year is different! , most likly will be 50's
Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 05:36   #3
cruiser

Boat: Morgan 33 OutIsland, Magic and 33' offshore scott design "Cutting Edge"
Ill second that. It all depends on the cold front cycle. Rainy day front passes clear cold next couple days then warms as winds shift more southerly. Last year was warm almost till Feb
forsailbyowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:46   #4

Boat: Will be a 50' Cat
Weather in central FLA during mid January will likely be very nice... watch out for the full moon.. that is usually when you have the coldest weather...ha..... It is a long way from Orlando to Key West... must be 12hr drive... but the weather will be more dependably warm the further south you go... basically I-4 is the stalling point for most fonts... often see a big difference in the weather between Naples/Miami and Orlando/Tampa even though there is only about 200mi difference... but you will likey have GREAT weather that time of year..

Cheers
capcook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 07:06   #5

Boat: Corsair F31"Susan C" & Sea Pearl 21"Maggie"
Mike,
It'll be nicer than anywhere else. Draw a line across the state through Lake Okeechobee, South is good most of the time, North is bad some of the time. Key West to Orlando is 8 hrs. Dave
DaveOnCudjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 14:11   #6

Boat: Deja Vu - Catalina 36 MK I
Thanks folks! I won't be driving straight from Orlando to the Keys, I was thinking of spreading the drive out over several days stopping along the way at various places like Miami.

Mike
MikeinLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 14:19   #7

Boat: Monk 36 Trawler
If you don't like the weather when you arrive don't worry it will change before you leave. Cold fronts come through every once in a while and rain and temps will vary every few days.
Steve
stevensc is offline   Reply With Quote