Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-07-2009, 18:08   #1
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

A Little Bum on the Way!

From late '03 to the spring of '07, Pat and Ali Schulte sailed their Wildcat 35 Bumfuzzle around the world, returning her safely to the very marina in Ft. Lauderdale from whence they'd set out. Over the past couple of years, they've been traveling by '58 VW split-window micro bus, taking it as far north in Alaska as they could drive it, then turning around and driving it as far south in Chile as the road would take them.

They then returned to Buenos Aires and put the van and themselves aboard a huge freighter, bound for Hamburg, Germany. They disembarked there in early May, and have been touring Europe since that time.

In their latest update at bumfuzzle.com they have revealed to one an all the happy news that they are now expecting their first child. The French doctor who confirmed that Pat had gotten one past the goalie has informed them that the due date should be ~January 1, 2010.

Their intention is to sell their VW splittie in England, return to the US for a short time, then relocate to Mexico City to await the birth of their little "Bum." Once mother and child are ready to hit the road, the Bumfuzzle adventure will resume.

I don't know about anyone else, but I can't help but pull for Pat and Ali as they live the lives they have chosen. They gained my sincere respect and admiration long ago, and I wish them the very best in this new "passage."

TaoJones
Old 12-07-2009, 21:03   #2

I'm with you Tao!! Tons of people, including myself, talk about doing such a world journey. They just got up and did it!! And are still doing it!! I hope to do a fraction of their travels soon!! Thanks for the update!!
shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2009, 22:45   #3
Long Range Cruiser

Location: Australian living on "Sea Life" currently in England.
Boat: Beneteau 393 "Sea Life"
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaoJones View Post
they live the lives they have chosen.
Yep. Its great! Good on them

Somalia Pirates and our Convoy
MarkJ is offline   Reply With Quote