Cruisers Forum

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 09-12-2009, 15:12   #31

Boat: Jason 35
Thanks for the kind defense, Ram.

Hey, jerry, what's with the vitriol? Remember what your mother use to say, "If you can't say anything nice, shove an ice pick into your forehead." Have a lot of EX-wives, do ya' jerry?

I 48, got a disease (arthritis) that greatly limits my physical abilities to doing more high end specialty work and less labor intensive jobs. I can only work about 6 hours a day, but I get a lot done and all my work is guaranteed for as long as the customer owns the house. I have references, if anyone wants them. My word is good, and THAT is something rare and very valuable these days.

Oh, and jerry, don't worry. I don't work for cruel people with nothing but negative things to say.
Old 09-12-2009, 15:23   #32

Boat: 34 Sabre Tempest
Hey,

I thought it was a great pitch! had me smiling the whole time!....
Old 09-12-2009, 15:43   #33
Ram

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Boat: Cat in the med & Trawler in Florida
Ok now that all the BS is done what was this thread about anyway?
Old 09-12-2009, 16:05   #34

Boat: Irwin 41 CC Ketch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace View Post
Good points, Still, and a good idea about the maintenance thing. But I think I'll stick my pitch. Works better for me. Thanks.
no-problem.it just came to mind...Good luck and I do hope you find something.

Relationships are everything to me...everything else in life is just a tool to enhance them.
Old 09-12-2009, 16:50   #35

Jace, I saw some of these comments coming, as I have seen some other threads like this go in that direction.

I don't get bothered by threads like these though as I feel that, to his, his own, and good luck with it.

Don't mean to try and side track you from you plan, but I have a freind in Houston that just bought a Cal I think 27'. The owner wanted something like 3K. He talked the guy in to letting him pay it out as it needed a little TLC and said he did not want to pay for a boat that he did not know if it could be reconditioned to a reasonable level. Well the owner took a grand down and the deal was that before the boat was to leave the slip for more than a test sail that he was to be paid (and the slip was to be paid for also monthly). It worked out fine, as my friend just about has her fixed up and almost paid off.

Just a suggestion but a grand or two in your hand and probably something in about 30' or less will get you a lot further.

So good luck in your quest and let us know if you find a good deal.
Old 09-12-2009, 17:46   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest245 View Post
Hey,

I thought it was a great pitch! had me smiling the whole time!....
Thanks, Tempest.
Old 09-12-2009, 17:49   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram View Post
Ok now that all the BS is done what was this thread about anyway?
It's about me finding a damn boat and curing my landlubber problem.
Old 09-12-2009, 17:50   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillraining View Post
no-problem.it just came to mind...Good luck and I do hope you find something.
Thanks much.
Old 09-12-2009, 17:51   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irwin325 View Post
Jace, I saw some of these comments coming, as I have seen some other threads like this go in that direction.

I don't get bothered by threads like these though as I feel that, to his, his own, and good luck with it.

Don't mean to try and side track you from you plan, but I have a freind in Houston that just bought a Cal I think 27'. The owner wanted something like 3K. He talked the guy in to letting him pay it out as it needed a little TLC and said he did not want to pay for a boat that he did not know if it could be reconditioned to a reasonable level. Well the owner took a grand down and the deal was that before the boat was to leave the slip for more than a test sail that he was to be paid (and the slip was to be paid for also monthly). It worked out fine, as my friend just about has her fixed up and almost paid off.

Just a suggestion but a grand or two in your hand and probably something in about 30' or less will get you a lot further.

So good luck in your quest and let us know if you find a good deal.
Great idea, thanks. I'll check on that. Might work what with this economy and all. I'll keep you posted.
Old 09-12-2009, 21:56   #40

So you are middle aged, partially disabled, confined to working fewer than six hours per day, have no assets, no savings for your 48 years of life and you expect to trade for what again??

Like I tried to tell you earlier, IF you were serious about purchasing a boat, you would realize that if you traded your labor for cash, you might have a chance in about five years. However, you only hear what you want to hear. You want that boat now, without having to put forth the required effort to obtain it. My friend, sloth and hope are a deadly combination.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jace View Post

I 48, got a disease (arthritis) that greatly limits my physical abilities to doing more high end specialty work and less labor intensive jobs. I can only work about 6 hours a day.
Old 09-12-2009, 22:21   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerryprocter View Post
So you are middle aged, partially disabled, confined to working fewer than six hours per day, have no assets, no savings for your 48 years of life and you expect to trade for what again??

Like I tried to tell you earlier, IF you were serious about purchasing a boat, you would realize that if you traded your labor for cash, you might have a chance in about five years. However, you only hear what you want to hear. You want that boat now, without having to put forth the required effort to obtain it. My friend, sloth and hope are a deadly combination.
So is pretending to know the character of someone from only a couple of paragraphs written about them. So is selfrighteousness. So is speaking of something or someone you know nothing about.

Have you ever thought, jerry, that maybe you don't have the right to pass judgment on someone? That maybe all of your sagacious finger pointing and holier than thou rants are only making you sound like some poor, conceited and very small man? Before we condemn others, let's look at and get straight, our own faults, okay?

Those with the intellect to pick up on it, saw that my post was somewhat tongue in cheek. It wasn't meant to give someone a platform for derision. Ease down. We can all tear one another apart and speak ill of our fellow sailors or give each other a hand up with a kind word. I like the latter. To quote a man who had to deal with hatred to the point where it cost Him His life, "... but the greatest of these, is love."
Old 09-12-2009, 23:25   #42

Boat: Looking for a new boat
Easy there killer there are a bunch of nice people on this forum saying nice things to you and only one who is driving you batty. Just ignore him, it will greatly improve your prospects for your master plan by making you seem like someone who is unflappable. Which leads me to this question: do you have any pictures or a portfolio of your work? I would be curious to see this talent of which you speak. Sorry to hear about your achy joints, it's nothing a little salt water won't cure.

Good luck and don't disregard what these people are saying. Go cheap go now. It is free to go look at boats for sale. You might get lucky and find one that you could tolerate living in.
Old 09-12-2009, 23:51   #43

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbusted67 View Post
Easy there killer there are a bunch of nice people on this forum saying nice things to you and only one who is driving you batty. Just ignore him, it will greatly improve your prospects for your master plan by making you seem like someone who is unflappable. Which leads me to this question: do you have any pictures or a portfolio of your work? I would be curious to see this talent of which you speak. Sorry to hear about your achy joints, it's nothing a little salt water won't cure.

Good luck and don't disregard what these people are saying. Go cheap go now. It is free to go look at boats for sale. You might get lucky and find one that you could tolerate living in.
You're right. Thanks for the calming words. I just don't understand why someone would want to throw punches.

Anyway, no, I don't have any pictures. I just did a three door system, exterior to patio, with screen doors. Two of the doors folded back together and one swung free. When they are all open, my customer has a 9' wide opening to his back yard. My buddy told me I should take pictures, but I didn't. I'm happy with the result of my work, but it's just a job to me, not a trophy. I guess I should've taken pics of my work for an album. Something to show people.

I emailed a guy who had a 33' Challenger, but he's not gotten back to me. It's been a few days. I'm patient ... sort of ... if I have to be ... I guess.
Old 09-12-2009, 23:56   #44

Boat: Irwin 41 CC Ketch
Turn the other cheek my friend...wasn't that a quote of sorts as well..

Relationships are everything to me...everything else in life is just a tool to enhance them.
Old 10-12-2009, 08:28   #45
CF Adviser
Moderator Emeritus

Cruisers Forum Supporter

Quote:
We can all tear one another apart and speak ill of our fellow sailors . . .
No, we can't . . . not on Cruisers Forum.

TaoJones
Closed Thread