Cruisers Forum

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 23-02-2017, 13:28   #61

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop
Re: Sell the boat or keep it?

My goodness, you could have fun with that post in the link above. Is it a turn on or off? Is it enthusiasm or con? MMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmmm.

Ann
Old 24-02-2017, 22:41   #62
cruiser

Re: Sell the boat or keep it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by elandra65 View Post
Hi all,

what a great response. Thank you all very much and there is much to consider here. I have also saved a bunch on a marriage counsellor

After reading through the comments about the boat size I do agree a smaller boat would be more suitable but there appear to be many single handling larger boats. As mentioned I generally do that anyway with the two of us on the 50 footer so no big problem, so far! As mentioned, away from the dock is not a problem and I avoid marinas where I can.

I love the comment about asking "fellow addicts" Maybe I asked the question knowing the answer I would get subconsciously!

Perhaps the compromise position is to keep the boat and do passages with crew from time to time. Then my wife can fly out to wherever. Of those single handers out there in a similar position how do you go getting and choosing crew for passages etc? I know there are websites out there for this
purposes but is this the best method?

thanks once again for all your input.

regards

Andrew
Generally, I sail alone for up to a 20 hour passage.
Kenomac is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
boat