Cruisers Forum

Join CruisersForum Today

Old 19-08-2014, 01:09   #16

Boat: 39' Westerly Sealord
Re: Recommended Blue Water Cruiser?

Oceanlords have the fancier interior , Sealords are essentially the same boat but in my (rather biased) opinion have the better fitout downstairs for passage making. Sealords are getting a bit long in the tooth so expect to spend some money on a good refit.
I singlehanded mine from Bora Bora to Nukualofa in July just gone.... she is equally comfortable 5 up. Good stowage for long passages, comfortable in a blow. In the early 1990s the previous owners used her -amongst other things - as a dive boat in the Red Sea for 4 months.
A good choice....

El Pinguino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2014, 02:40   #17
Senior Cruiser

Boat: Sayer 46' Solent rig sloop
Re: Recommended Blue Water Cruiser?

Johndrake mentioned something I personally think is extremely important: to whatever extent possible, the winches, etc. should be set up for the least strengthy person to manage....just in case, plus it's easier on our bodies. If the GF is interested and Captaen is interested, then she should be able to sail the boat singlehanded: after all, that's what she'll be doing on her on-watches. Personally, I think she should be comfortable enough to enjoy doing it, 'cause that's where a lot of the fun comes from. Women like taking care of their menfolk, but they also like feeling competent and free.

Ann & Jim, U.S. s/v Insatiable II, SE Qld, for a while
Ann T. Cate is offline   Reply With Quote

cruise, cruiser, men, water

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: