Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Boat Ownership & Making a Living
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 30-07-2013, 20:45   #1

Need Advice: Buying to Rent in the Mediterranean

Hey guys this is my first time on any forum and want to give it a go.

I was thinking of possibly buying a cruiser for around $100,000 EUR in the Mediterranean (Croatia). As i live in Australia and will not be needing it most of the year, is it possible to rent this out the remainder of a year through a company in say Croatia that handles everything for you???

If so does anyone know details on this (company names, percent figures of return etc)

THANKS!
dane.mcguinness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 21:49   #2

Boat: So many boats to choose from. Would prefer something that is not an AWB, and that is beachable...
Re: Need Advice: Buying to Rent in the Mediterranean

Quote:
Originally Posted by dane.mcguinness View Post
Hey guys this is my first time on any forum and want to give it a go.

I was thinking of possibly buying a cruiser for around $100,000 EUR in the Mediterranean (Croatia). As i live in Australia and will not be needing it most of the year, is it possible to rent this out the remainder of a year through a company in say Croatia that handles everything for you???

If so does anyone know details on this (company names, percent figures of return etc)

THANKS!
There are quite a few companies that do this. You should however not do this unless you really are an avid sailor, who likes to sail on his own boat. You should not do this for any monetary return on your investment, although you might get some.

A company I've chartered with that has a good reputation is Ecker Yachtig, and they offer this service, even for second hand yachts:
Ecker -*Yacht Invest*-*Yacht Invest

But most charter companies do this. Just look around on their websites. Here's another one (I personally quite like Elan yachts...)
Elan Yachting d.o.o. :: General :: Charter management programme
K_V_B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-07-2013, 22:48   #3

Boat: Bowman 40
Send a message via Skype™ to steve.garlick

If you're interested in Turkey, try Perfect Sailing. This charter company is run by a British couple and they really care well for the boats. Not the usual charter type operation. They operate out of Orhaniye, wintering the boats in Marmaris. Google them.

Disclosure: I know these two personally and they are friends.
steve.garlick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2013, 12:17   #4

Boat: Beneteau Oceanis 40
Send a message via Skype™ to Navegante1105

Hello: I have a boat renting in Mallorca, the Balearics(Mediterranean). It is a Beneteau Oceanis 393 and it is rented in a company called Cruesa( www.cruesa.com). I have been renting the boat from new and I think they take much care of the boat, although, every year, I go to Mallorca in May and in September to check the boat and block it for Me to spend a week sailing in that beautifull part of the Mediterranean.
I am selling the boat and I give You the link if You want to check for it: http://www.cruisersforum.com/forums/...-a-107027.html
For the age of the boat, it has been taken very well care. I am selling it for 70.000€.
There are some pictures of the boat in the advert and if You go to my profile, You can check pictures I did in May 2013, when I first block it for Me this year.
I hope to go to Mallorca at the end of September for my second visit this year, and to check it for the end of the renting season. I shall sail for a week again and enjoy of Mallorca.
In case You were interested, and if You need any more details, do not hesitate to contact Me through Cruisers Forum profile.
If You buy the boat, there is the possibility of keep it renting in Cruesa. They offer to block it for You for a month period during the season except in August, because it is when the boat is more busy.
The boat´s name is Ucanca.
Regards, Agustín.
Navegante1105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 09:29   #5

Boat: Elan 333

@dane.mcguinness
I can recommend you company where I have 2 boats in charter. As first you must decide if you want to buy new or second hand boat. Usually charters have their own condition regarding the boat type and so on. If you have more questions I can help I you wish.

Tags
buying, mediterranean