Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Cruising Business & Commerce > General Classifieds (no boats)
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Closed Thread
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 02-04-2018, 02:30   #1

Boat: Norman Cross 46
ENGEL Ice Box Conversion Kit F-Series Compressor

This is the new F-series Compressor. The versatile ENGEL AC / DC cooling system lets you determine the size and position of your refrigerator. This unit comes complete as a 'do it your self' installation. The cooling unit includes a variable thermostat Temperature control.
Power: Built In 240Volt AC / 12V DC / 24V DC
DC Power Consumption: Variable from 0.5 to 2.5 AMPS Maximum
Used 6 months, runs perfectly as freezer for up to 100l box and as fridge for bigger box.
Located in the Philippines. USD700
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Engel conversion kit 1.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	32.8 KB
ID:	167512   Click image for larger version

Name:	Engel conversion kit 2.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	35.1 KB
ID:	167513  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Engel conversion kit 3.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	167514  
Old 02-04-2018, 17:11   #2

Re: ENGEL Ice Box Conversion Kit F-Series Compressor

Just got the following PM [QUOTE]Mind telling me why you are switching it out so soon after purchase. .....thanks/QUOTE]
I think my answer can be useful to others ....

I used it in a freezer/spill over fridge box of 160L capacity .... Because my volume is too big for the system design, it is not cold enough. Nothing wrong with the unit at all, runs great, uses little power but in order to get freezing temperature, one should not use it in a bigger than 100l box. My mistake! I thought that the compressor was similar to the big 80l Engel we have but is is not ... It is the size compressor used in all their freezers but their big model ...
So I ended up replacing the evaporator of my old Adler Barbour system with the bigger compressor and everything is colder again

Anyone with a freezer/fridge volume of no more than 100l will get full advertised performance Anyone with a bigger volume just wanting a fridge will be ok too.
Old 30-08-2020, 13:45   #3

I know you posted this a long time ago, but just checking if it's still available. I'm looking for an Engel icebox conversion kit to make a 50qt freezer.
Thanks! Sam
Old 30-08-2020, 19:49   #4

Sorry, I ended up using it with a cool box I bought in Thailand, one of these big double hard plastic that fishermen use. I use this 80l box as a fridge for fruits, veg, drink with that Engel cool box. It works but cannot really freeze below zero as I found out too late when buying this conversion kit ...
If you really want a feezer then this compressor system is too small and will NOT do the job. The Engel rep suggested buying a discounted slightly damaged unit of the biggest model they have (80) and steal the compressor system ... but the price difference was so small that in that case might as well as use the full unit as it is instead of messing with the system ... hope this helps

Tags
compressor