Cruisers Forum

Go Back   Cruisers & Sailing Forums > Life Aboard a Boat > Fishing, Recreation & Fun
Cruiser Wiki Click Here to Login
Register Vendors FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on Cruisers Forums. Advertise Here

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-12-2018, 09:36   #1

Boat: olsen / ericson 34
any scoops on Scrub island and marina

We have been sailing the BVI for 35 years, this coming May will be our 17th sailing vacation in the BVI.

This last two weeks of May BVI trip we are planning our rough itinerary, and adding in some new ports of call....Nanny Cay, Little Jost and the B-line, the new Willy T at Great Harbor, Peter Island ( if they are still moored there ) and SCRUB ISLAND. ( old faves: Cooper, Leverick, ( Scrub) , Marina Cay, Jost, maybe Canegarden, Nanny Cay, Norman, the caves and Pelican/Indians.

I have been looking at the photos of SCRUB ISLAND, and it appears to be absolutely amazing and now under Marriot management. Beautiful property and marina.

The slips look wide, easy and in great condition, the swimming pool and bar and restaurant are muy inviting. I can see a trail in one of the photos that would be a great hiking and photo op.

We will be staying on board the Jeanneau 36i in one of their slips for a couple of days.

Like to hear any first hand, or second , or third on marina procedures, and what you all enjoyed while visiting Scrub Island.

We are very avid sailors and practice seamanship, and are thoughtful of others in the marina, tying off halyards so they are not clanging against the mast, and retire early so no loud partying down. We have a monohull with just the two of us on board .

Thank you for any Scrub Island after Irma up to date scoops on the available activities, restaurants, bars, beaches, pool ares , trails and keeping the fun light illuminated.

Looks like we need to call ahead on the VHF, or cell phone....is a prior reservation required ? No worries, and we like to stay ahead of the power curve with required procedures.

Thanks

Denny and Erica
Lihuedooley77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:04   #2

Re: any scoops on Scrub island and marina

We arrive this afternoon for a DYC charter. I received a call yesterday that DYC is moving it’s base from Hodge Creek on Tortola to Scrub Island starting on the 14th. So I’m assuming Scrub Island must be in pretty good shape. Interestingly, we’re leaving on the charter tomorrow and returning on the 19th, so we don’t know if we’re supposed to go to Scrub or back to Hodge Creek. Guess we’ll find out tomorrow.
leboyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2018, 07:41   #3

Boat: olsen / ericson 34
Re: any scoops on Scrub island and marina

Boyd and family...

Wow ! That is great news. DYC BASE at SCRUB ! I like it. Yep, now Scrub island Marina will have some sailing vessels in their slips, and us slip rental types will be able to talk sea stories and have a grand time during happy hour.

There is, or was what I called the 'dockbanger' a nice open motor vessel that ran round trip between Trellis Bay, next to beef island airport, to Marina Cay, and Scrub Island.

If you get a chance, after you return home , would very much enjoy hearing about your BVI sailing vacation, and how you enjoyed Scrub.

Mahalo nui loa

Denny
Lihuedooley77 is offline   Reply With Quote